Tough girls on film

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Re: Tough girls on film

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote: I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the third book (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest) in the US (supposed to come out late May) or to get the hand-me-down British translation which came out late last year from my friends who have all been eagerly passing it around.
PM me your address, I'll mail you a copy, it's been out a while here.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Crackpot wrote:Did you check to see if you accidentally save it? (I've done that on a few occasions)
If I accidentally saved it, where would I go to retrieve it once saved?
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Gob wrote:
Guinevere wrote: I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the third book (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest) in the US (supposed to come out late May) or to get the hand-me-down British translation which came out late last year from my friends who have all been eagerly passing it around.
PM me your address, I'll mail you a copy, it's been out a while here.
That's very kind of you Gob -- thanks, I may take you up on that offer.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Guinevere wrote:
Crackpot wrote:Did you check to see if you accidentally save it? (I've done that on a few occasions)
If I accidentally saved it, where would I go to retrieve it once saved?
having accidentally saved posts many times, go to the user control panel and then check the drafts folder.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Nope, not there. I wonder what happened.

tyro

Post by tyro »

The reason why I asked originally is that I think the same thing happened to me twice.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Must be an elf-test then ;)

Gob

Post by Gob »

In the UK you'd be able to get it free on the National Elf..
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

tyro wrote:While not a movie, the character of Emma Peel on the show The Avengers was the fist time I remember seeing a woman in a role as being independent and ready to kick ass.

I held a torch for Agent 99 of the Get Smart show.
They were my role models.

:D
Bah!

kristina

Post by kristina »

The Hen wrote:
tyro wrote:While not a movie, the character of Emma Peel on the show The Avengers was the fist time I remember seeing a woman in a role as being independent and ready to kick ass.

I held a torch for Agent 99 of the Get Smart show.
They were my role models.

:D

I wanted to grow up to be Emma Peel. A friend gave me the complete DVD of the series (just the Peel episodes, IIRC). They're a little campy now, but I still love 'em!