New 'Reality' Show Concept

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

New 'Reality' Show Concept

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Eleven gay men and one straight man are put in a house together for up to ten weeks.  Each week, a vote is taken as to which of the residents is the straight guy, and that person is removed.  This goes on until there are only two players left.

The goal of the gay men is to determine which of the residents is the straight guy.  If they are successful, they split a cash prize of $5 million dollars between themselves.

If, however, they are not able to do it and the straight guy ends up being one of the last two players standing, then HE wins a cash prize of $1 million dollars all to himself while the gay guys get nothing.

The kicker is .... none of the twelve men are gay.  So for two months, we get to watch a bunch of straight guys trying to prove to each other that they are more gay than the other ones.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Re: New 'Reality' Show Concept

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

So . . . yet another cooking show
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That doesn't seem any stupider, or less worthy of watching, than most of the so-called "reality" shows which are enjoying booming ratings. You shoudl try to sell the premise to a network, Bill; it could make you a fortune.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Of course it will probably only be good for a season
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You're more optimistic than I am, I don't think it will be "good" (translated as I would watch it) at all; but then I can't think of the last time I watched a reality show (unless you include jeopardy, which I think of as a game show).

What you could do also is to change the premise each season--find the gay man among straights men, find the born again christian among the atheists, find the Trump supporter among democrats (or vice versa). You wouldn't even need the trick at the end, the premise show could be like To Tell The Truth, watching portraying what they are not. It could be popular.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Good as in once the twist is spoiled it won’t work anymore
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Yes, he twist could only be used once; but I think it could work as a show even without the twist.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Considering the audiences and contestants for such shows I think we could get 26 series out of it.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”