What, nobody's gonna say anything about

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Sue U

What, nobody's gonna say anything about

Post by Sue U »

Ronnie Spector?????

She was everything.
GAH!

ex-khobar Andy

Re: What, nobody's gonna say anything about

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes, she had a wonderfully strong delivery. When she sang, the song stayed sung.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I loved her early music, can’t say I’ve followed much of the later stuff after her duet with Eddie Money.

What I think of most when I think of her is how she was imprisoned for 7 years by Phil Spector, physically and mentally tortured, how he stole a huge chunk of her career from her, how he stole her first three children from her (and they must have remained estranged, they didn’t even get a mention in her obituary) and how she had to fight him for 20 years to get the rights to her music and her royalties. That she bounced back from that and went on to lead a fairly contented life is even more remarkable than her music, in my opinion. And I’m glad she got to see that bastard go to prison and die there - just sorry another woman had to die to make it happen.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

The Ronettes were a huge chunk of my introduction to pop and rock as a kid; they were on every jukebox and still getting radio play at the time I first really started paying attention to pop music, and to me set the standard for a hit song (along with the Crystals, the Shirelles, Smokey Robinson and Little Stevie Wonder). And Veronica was undeniably the coolest chick on the planet. Her death makes me wistful for that lost world.
GAH!