Ken Jennings, go to hell, you son of a bitch

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
liberty

Ken Jennings, go to hell, you son of a bitch

Post by liberty »

Ken Jennings, go to hell, you son of a bitch. If this liberty-hating honkey bastard gets the job, I stop watching the show, and I will try to get everyone I know to stop. Why should we support someone who hates us?

Jennings is not good enough to kiss Mayim Bialik ass,

‘Jeopardy!‘ Fans are Wondering if Ken Jennings Will Ever Host Full-Time (outsider.com)

‘Jeopardy!‘: Ken Jennings’ Recent Hosting Stint Has Fans Wondering If He’ll Return Full-Time
written by Shelby Scott November 20, 2021

This season of “Jeopardy!” has been an exciting ride, with a special feature on the show’s hosts since the demise of game show host and icon, Alex Trek. For the most part, “Jeopardy!” has seen “Big Bang Theory” actress Mayim Bialik filling the role of host. However, more recently, Bialik stepped down to allow “Jeopardy!” legend Ken Jennings to take the host’s stand and now fans are wondering if the game show legend will return full time.

As always, fans took to Reddit to discuss the potential of Jennings as host.

Unfortunately for the “Jeopardy!” star, things don’t seem too favorable in regards to his hosting career, at least according to fans. In the original Reddit post, one fan of the hit game show shared, “if [‘Jeopardy!’] production had wanted to make Ken Jennings the permanent host of Jeopardy, he would’ve gotten the job a long time ago.”

The Redditor continued with, “I’ve been rooting Ken almost since his first stint as interim host of the show, and he has shown to be pretty capable of the job.” Nevertheless, they pointed out that, for some reason, despite being both a fan-favorite potential host and the supposedly intended successor of Alex Trebek, showrunners refuse to induct the “Jeopardy!” legend as host.

Other fans pointed out a discrepancy in “Jeopardy!’s” dialogue when introducing hosts. As to Mayim Bialik, who’s been the regular host following the departure of Mike Richards, fans noticed the intro announces Bialik as “the host of ‘Jeopardy!'” Meanwhile, as Jennings has appeared on the show, he is announced as “hosting ‘Jeopardy!'”

“I think it’s already a done deal,” the pessimistic commenter concluded. Unfortunately for Jennings supporters, many fans felt the same way. However, there’s always a chance “Jeopardy!” producers could surprise us.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Ken Jennings, go to hell, you son of a bitch

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:21 am
Ken Jennings, go to hell, you son of a bitch. If this liberty-hating honkey bastard gets the job, I stop watching the show, and I will try to get everyone I know to stop. Why should we support someone who hates us?

Jennings is not good enough to kiss Mayim Bialik ass,
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but just what did he do that's causing you to have a shit hemorrhage this morning?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guessing that either liberty is unyielding on this or that Ken just hates him

https://libertyunyielding.com/2021/01/0 ... publicans/
‘Jeopardy!’ champ Ken Jennings is a Brett Kavanaugh rape truther, hates Republicans
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

FWIW, if Trump can host a game show, anyone can. If people wanted to watch another piece of Trump shit, it's fine with me (better than him as president). I don't see why the politics of someone shoudl interfere with his job (unless he brings them into the job). But some hate freddom of speech...

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:41 pm
FWIW, if Trump can host a game show, anyone can. If people wanted to watch another piece of Trump shit, it's fine with me (better than him as president). I don't see why the politics of someone shoudl interfere with his job (unless he brings them into the job). But some hate freddom of speech...
"What goes around comes around." "The way you treat others is the way others should treat you." "The lowest level of any war will degenerate to the lowest level of the two sides," but the left doesn't see it that way. As they see it, they can do whatever they want to lesser beings, but they are gods and can not be touched. The left tried to lynch Kavanaugh for something he was supposed to have done when he was a child. People like Jennings are haters who will do whatever it takes to get what they want, but perhaps he won't get this job. He has expressed his hatred too much for too long. And the audience of jeopardy is made up of the very people he hates so much.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:41 pm
"What goes around comes around." "The way you treat others is the way others should treat you." "The lowest level of any war will degenerate to the lowest level of the two sides," but the left doesn't see it that way. As they see it, they can do whatever they want to lesser beings, but they are gods and can not be touched. The left tried to lynch Kavanaugh for something he was supposed to have done when he was a child. People like Jennings are haters who will do whatever it takes to get what they want, but perhaps he won't get this job. He has expressed his hatred too much for too long. And the audience of jeopardy is made up of the very people he hates so much.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The way you treat others is the way others should treat you.

Nice perversion of the golden rule.

And, FWIW, there's a big difference between being an aswer reading in a game show and being a justice of the highest federal court in the US. I honestly don't care much about the past or politics of the host of a game show, but I do of a Supreme Court Justice. but I guess to you they're all the same?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:02 pm

And, FWIW, there's a big difference between being an aswer reading in a game show and being a justice of the highest federal court in the US. I honestly don't care much about the past or politics of the host of a game show, but I do of a Supreme Court Justice. but I guess to you they're all the same?
Principles should be the same regardless of who the subject is.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Remind me again whom Jennings is supposed to have raped, so as to draw this comparison with Kavanagh?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Ken is a great Chaser. Politics should have naught to do with it and I imagine the show will bear the deprivation of your viewing absence.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

liberty wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:57 am
Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:02 pm

ere tofind $2.00

I am not surprised.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I think lib is taking "liberty-hating honkey bastard" a bit too personally. Doubt that Ken even knows lib exists.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Even if Ken Jennings were not an asshole leftist bastard, I still would be against him. The thing is, I just like Sheldon's wife. Anyone who can put up with Sheldon Cooper, and love him, must be a decent person. She basically plays the same role on jeopardy that she plays on Big Bang Theory, and I enjoy it. I have no idea what the real person is like, and I really don't care; her personal life is her own. I just like her portrayals.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Mayim is a bleeding heart liberal. Will that get yer knickers all wadded up?

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:14 am
Mayim is a bleeding heart liberal. Will that get yer knickers all wadded up?

No, it doesn’t bother me; most Hollywood types are liberal. Or at least pretend to be liberal until established as a prominent actor. And believe it or not, I do like some liberals and even some of their ideas. Liberals have done some good for the country but have harmed too. The liberal destruction of the draft might have the most far-reaching consequences. If we ever need the draft, the people will not respond, forcing us to accept the lesser of two evils, the Russians as our colonial master instead of the Chinese. It might not be that bad. After paying our Russian taxes, we should have enough left to survive. And being that the Russians are Christians, perhaps they will pity our indigent. At any rate, I most likely will not live to see it.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:12 pm
If we ever need the draft, the people will not respond, forcing us to accept the lesser of two evils, the Russians as our colonial master instead of the Chinese.
I find that to be a very pessimistic attitude.  Look how America rallied and the unification of purpose in the days following 9/11?  Granted, it didn't last long, but it was there.

And considering the weapons that would likely be deployed if it ever got to a shootin' war with Russia OR the Chinese, how many people would be left to be drafted?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

That sounds like good advice to me. The world is full of thugs; a woman shouldn’t go out of her way to attract them unless she has a Lady Smith handy and is, prepared to use it and skilled enough to amputate his dick with one or two shots.

Mayim Bialik Responds To Criticism – The Forward
Mayim Bialik is the latest celebrity to insert herself into the debate about sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood — and she’s also the latest celebrity to find herself at the center of a fiery backlash over her words.

Bialik took part in a Facebook Live video Monday morning to explain what many saw as a “victim blaming” op-ed she published in The New York Times on Friday. The article described what it was like for Bialik to grow up as a Hollywood actress who was not “a perfect 10” — but it was her comments about dressing modestly that drew criticism.

“I still make choices every day as a 41-year-old actress that I think of as self-protecting and wise,” Bialik wrote. “I have decided that my sexual self is best reserved for private situations with those I am most intimate with. I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy.”

“In a perfect world, women should be free to act however they want. But our world isn’t perfect. Nothing — absolutely nothing — excuses men for assaulting or abusing women. But we can’t be naive about the culture we live in.”
In the interview, Bialik attempted to clarify her remarks.

“There is a broad experience of being human and being female,” Bialik said. “I’m trying to come from a place of compassion.”
Bialik repeatedly referred to herself as “a traditional feminist” and said that it could be difficult for people to understand how she could be at once “a bleeding heart liberal and a social conservative.”

“I’m a very strong woman and I also like to iron handkerchiefs,” Bialik said.
Bialik addressed directly those who accused her of blaming sexual assault on the apparel of the victim.
“How you dress has nothing to do with assault and power,” Bialik said.

Reactions to the interview were mixed, with some Facebook users demanding an apology for Bialik’s original article — which she did not give.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Just as I wouldn't use Jennings' politics as a reason to deny him/her a job, I ill not do it for Bialik; she has been an acceptable host as well.

But, hosts aside, I would like to see Jeopardy do something to limit the number of times a person can remain champion. In the Art Fleming (and early Trebeck) days, it was limited to 5; it need not be that short, but in recent times we have seen two extended champions--a limitation of, say, 10 wins would make a much more interesting game IMHO.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

“I still make choices every day as a 41-year-old actress that I think of as self-protecting and wise,” Bialik wrote. “I have decided that my sexual self is best reserved for private situations with those I am most intimate with. I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy.”

“In a perfect world, women should be free to act however they want. But our world isn’t perfect. Nothing — absolutely nothing — excuses men for assaulting or abusing women. But we can’t be naive about the culture we live in.”
Huh??  In one sentence she says she dresses modestly because she has decided that her sexual self "...is best reserved for private situations with those she is most intimate with."
(to which I respond with a resounding 'Huzzah!!'  After all, isn't that why the term is 'being intimate with someone' as opposed to 'letting it all hang out'?)
But then in the next sentence she says that "In a perfect world, women should be free to act however they want."  This sounds to me like she is saying that if someone wants to walk around with their tits flopping out on display to all and sundry — or their dick swinging free in the wind; after all, fair's fair and what's sauce for the goose, et cetera — they should be able to do that as well.

Needless to say, I am totally and thoroughly confused by this line of thinking.
-"BB"-

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

She is saying that she has her own preferences for how she dresses and acts in public, and that she believes that all women have the right to develop their own, which may be different from hers. What is difficult to understand?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown