A crucial question

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
MajGenl.Meade

A crucial question

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

'Tis too so!

Game of Thrones, Series 7, Episode 6

Jon Snow and 12 of his closest pals go north of the wall. Their mission is to find and capture one of the wights - the dead people brought back to er . . . zombiedom. They must bring this creature back so they can prove to Cersei (and Jamie and others) that there really are White Walkers, the Night King and an army of hundreds of thousands of instant zombies (kill 'em and they come right back). OK.

So, within a few hours, they are attacked by a zombie snow bear. Significant, it kills three of their party.

Now why the Jane Austen didn't they burn two of the dead but bind up the remaining one? In a brief time he'd come back to "life" as a zombie and they could just turn around and go back south of the Wall with their proof?

Instead, they plough on and on and on, just to walk into said White Walkers, Night King and army etc. with disastrous results.

The question really is this: Jon Snow, the writers, the viewer, stupid or what?

C'mon, this is important stuff people.

[or not: occurs to me that only the White Walkers can reanimate the first time?] So I choose (c) the viewer
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

PMS Princess

Re: A crucial question

Post by PMS Princess »

The Wights had to be raised from the dead and controlled by the Night King or one of his lieutenants.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: A crucial question

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah, hence my conclusion that the viewer was the problem! Just finishing up rewatching the whole thing and despite myself, find that Season 8 is not quite as bad as I thought first time through. Not great but not so bad.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts