Yellowstone.

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Yellowstone.

Post by Gob »

Has anyone seen this show?

They are advertising it on one of the minor channels over here. It looks like the most awful shite ever.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Re: Yellowstone.

Post by Long Run »

I haven't given it a try yet. Between the so-so premise and the "where is it streaming" just hasn't made the cut. I would expect it to be similar to Open Range -- great scenery and mediocre writing and acting.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s wildly popular with the MAGA crowd - probably all you need to know about the quality of the show.

I haven’t watched even one episode, but I have friends out in Montana who loathe it because of the wildly inaccurate representation of life in Montana that it presents. That said they’ve talked about it being racist and misogynistic and from my experience, that IS representative of a lot of Montanans, so . . .
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I have watched 2 and 1/2 seasons. I have read that it is an accurate portrait of ranch life. If that’s the case someone call the FBI to investigate things.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I watched about three episodes of Yellowstone and lost interest. I don't even remember the story or characters anymore. I think there was an asshole, another asshole, a bitch, one or two good guys and everybody had lots of money.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:39 pm
I watched about three episodes of Yellowstone and lost interest. I don't even remember the story or characters anymore. I think there was an asshole, another asshole, a bitch, one or two good guys and everybody had lots of money.
Except for the part about "everybody had lots of money", that could just as easily be a description of the active posters present here on the Plan B Forum. :lol:
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Funny Montana story (I really need to write a book, I have a lot of funny/peculiar Montana stories):

I had a guy show up in court who was arrested on a multiple felony warrant out of Florida, who were requesting extradition. The felonies were very serious, including abuse of an elder. But that’s not really relevant because a valid warrant and extradition request is gonna be honored and leaves no room for local jurisdiction prosecutor discretion. Nevertheless I endured harassment from the ranch family who had taken this Florida man fugitive in, demanding that I fix it. Of course no amount of explaining full faith and credit and the limits of prosecutorial discretion and the overarching demands of my own personal ethical code was sufficient to convince these people that the fate of their ranch hand/drinking buddy was not within my control. And of course that made me a stupid cunt. Ranching folk are lovely!

Montana, such a fun place to be a female professional.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

And what are your funny stories?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”