Turn It Up to Twelve!

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Turn It Up to Twelve!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Rob Reiner, Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, and Harry Shearer are back for an encore!!

After relaunching its film division last October, Castle Rock Entertainment has set a first project out of the gate that will have a familiar ring.  It’s Spinal Tap II, a sequel to the fabled rock mockumentary.  Reiner will direct the sequel and return as filmmaker Marty DiBergi.  Also back are David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean), Derek Smalls (Harry Shearer), and Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest), the nucleus of England’s loudest and sauciest heavy metal band.

The premise is that Ian Faith, who was the band's manager, has passed away (in reality, Tony Hendra, who played the manager, did indeed pass away in March 2021).  Ian’s widow inherited a contract that said Spinal Tap owed them one more concert and, basically, she was going to sue them if they didn’t perform. So now, after all these years and a lot of bad blood (that Reiner promises will be a part of the sequel), they’re thrown back together, forced to deal with each other, and play this concert.

Plans are for a March 2024 release.
https://deadline.com/2022/05/spinal-tap ... 235022317/
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Re: Turn It Up to Twelve!

Post by Gob »

Lick my love pump!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Re: Turn It Up to Twelve!

Post by Sue U »

"In D minor, which I always find is the saddest of all keys."

Funniest part is he's not wrong.
GAH!