One for Jim

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

One for Jim

Post by Gob »

A former Jaws star went from terrorizing the town of Amity to policing its streets in real life.

Jonathan Searle, 56, once donned a fake fin to scare Oak Bluffs beachgoers in the classic horror film set on Martha's Vineyard. Now the actor has been named the town's police chief, 47 years after filming took place in the same location.

The small, ritzy town of 5,000 full-time residents appointed him chief with a vote of 3-1 on Monday. Searle was the one of two natives of the island who made it to the final list. He also ran against former NYC and Newport lieutenants.

'I'm finding the whole thing quite funny myself!' he told the New York Post about being named Chief of Oaks Bluffs.

'I’m clearly elated and I’m humbled and honored to have been offered the position,' he told the Vineyard Gazette.

The child actor will begin his new position starting at the end of June, after current Chief Erik Blake retires.

Searle has lived on the island off the coast of Massachusetts his whole life, with his own father being named Edgartown police chief from 1981 to 1995.

He decided not to pursue a movie career after his unforgettable appearance in Jaws. Eventually, he would join the Edgartown Police Department in 1986, which would lead him to his biggest role yet: chief.

'It’s something I’ve been working toward my whole career,' he told the Vineyard Gazette.
Miss you Jim mate.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: One for Jim

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Ominous news. He was pretending to be a white shark.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts