Don't go to eleven

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Long Run

Don't go to eleven

Post by Long Run »

Contest to name the axiom that the louder someone plays music while driving in their car is inversely related to the number of people who dislike the music.

Crackpot

Re: Don't go to eleven

Post by Crackpot »

I think it more has to do with the music being distorted as hell by the time that it “out” of the vehicle rendering whatever is being played an unlistenable mess.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Surely, the higher the volume the higher the number who dislike it.

Don't you mean "inverse" in relation to those who "like" it? - i.e. the more volume, the fewer assholes akin to those in the vehicle enjoy it.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Cars that vibrate like a nightclub and hurt my ears sitting next to or behind or in front of them at a stoplight.

Oh and the fucking motorcycles with blaring speakers who the fuck thinks that’s a good idea?! Keep the music in your damned helmet and don’t pollute the common airspace.

I am a grumpy old person!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:42 pm
Surely, the higher the volume the higher the number who dislike it.

Don't you mean "inverse" in relation to those who "like" it? - i.e. the more volume, the fewer assholes akin to those in the vehicle enjoy it.
Yes, but don't call me Shirley.