The real reason behind this decision...

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

The real reason behind this decision...

Post by Gob »

Why folk star Seth Lakeman chose St Ives September Festival over USA gig with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant

The folk star turned down Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant to play to 466 people at St Ives Guildhall.

St Ives September Festival returns next weekend and looks to continue its legacy of going from strength to strength, year on year..

Devon-born folk star Seth Lakeman will kick things off by headlining on Saturday, September 8.

The importance of the festival meant that Lakeman amazingly turned down the chance to appear with legendary Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant at a big American festival, in order to play to 466 people at St Ives Guildhall.

Lakeman recently received the call to begin touring with Plant, starting with a date at the LouFest Music Festival in St Louis, Missouri.

But, having already been booked in St Ives, he told Plant's tour management: "I've promised to play at the St Ives Festival and I can't let them down."
is that Hen has a ticket to see him at St Ives festival, and he knows which side his bread is buttered. :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: The real reason behind this decision...

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Who?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

No, not The Who...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't know. Third base.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:39 pm
No, not The Who...
I just won a bet with myself. I'm not going to pay up though.

That'll larn yer!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Due to sad events, which I will not relate, it'll be me accompanying Hen to see Seth tonight, not our dear friend Janet.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Was a great gig, mainly his own work with one or two folk standards thrown in. Accompanied only by a young lass, Alex Hart, on harmonium and acoustic and electric guitars, they harmonised beautifully.

He's a blindingly brilliant fiddle player with a great voice too, easy to see why Bob Plant wants him in his band.

Glad I went now!