John Le Carre' to a fan

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

John Le Carre' to a fan

Post by Gob »

Cornwall, 23 July 2018

Dear Bill,

Thanks for yours, and please forgive this typed response: I am in the late throes of the novel. The family bad news has brightened..... I would be puzzled to know, if I were in Putin’s position, how to run Donald Trump as my asset. I have no doubt that they have obtained him, and they could probably blow him out of the water whenever they felt like it, but I think they are having much more fun feeding his contradictions and contributing to the chaos. The terrifying thing is, the closer he draws to Putin, the more he lies and denies, the stronger his support among the faithful. You don’t need to own Trump as an agent. You just have to let him run. We are moving to London for an unknown period while I change the atmosphere around the book. I hope to have completed some kind of first draft by the Fall.

All very best to you, and stay in touch.

David
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: John Le Carre' to a fan

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Must have been writing "Agent Running in the Field" which I only recently read. Gets his Trump knocks in there a bit.

The fearful thing is that he's nailed it. . . ."the closer he draws to Putin, the more he lies and denies, the stronger his support among the faithful"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts