Another Movie Recommendation

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Big RR

Another Movie Recommendation

Post by Big RR »

I saw a movie in the theater last night--the first one in many months. It was called The Lost Weekend, A Love Story, and is a documentary of the famed 18 month lost weekend of 73 -75 when John Lennon was with May Pang. It has a lot o interesting photos and some video, as well as voice overs of a number of rock luminaries, but mostly it is May Pang's story (which has been told before) combined with the interesting footage and her narration, and I found it fascinating. There are some loose ends which are not tied up, but for the most part it appears heartfelt, ad I fully believe that this is what May believes and that she still carries a torch for John. For the most part Yoko is not trashed in this film, although the story of her ordering May to have the affair is repeated (and an inane response of Yoko to the allegation is also presented), but she does come across as domineering and manipulative (which is not a surprise to me based on times I have seen her interviewed) and FWIW, Lennon sometimes comes across as a prick or a big baby (also not a surprise), albeit one she still loves. It's an interesting movie for any fan of the Beatles of Lennon, and highly worth a view. It seems that it is being released only for special screenings over this weekend, and I would expect it to be streaming soon.