Dead people I've never heard of (until now)

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
MajGenl.Meade

Dead people I've never heard of (until now)

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Angus Cloud: How a night-time stroll made Euphoria's breakout star
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Re: Dead people I've never heard of (until now)

Post by BoSoxGal »

That show was huge on HBO, I’ve even heard of it. Definitely geared to the younger than Meade crowd though.

The poor lad killed himself in his terrible grief over burying his father a few weeks ago. I’m inclined to compassion, aren’t you Meade?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I knew the name Angus Cloud, and even the show Euphoria, but it took a quick internet search to put them together. But, face it, many people die each day who we never knew (and will never know) who are mourned by others we will never know, but I still feel compassion of the suffering and death of fellow human beings. Even with the internet and modern communication, things haven't changed all that much.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:06 am
That show was huge on HBO, I’ve even heard of it. Definitely geared to the younger than Meade crowd though.

The poor lad killed himself in his terrible grief over burying his father a few weeks ago. I’m inclined to compassion, aren’t you Meade?
Sure BSG. Too young. Sad that a lad playing a "kind drug dealer" died of a suspected drug overdose. One anticipates multiple issues in his troubled life.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Meade--are you linking the character an actor plays with his or her real life? Why? Hell, Jim Caviezel played Jesus, but he still wound up being a Q Anon conspiracy nut.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:16 pm
Meade--are you linking the character an actor plays with his or her real life?
No. :roll:

Originally I typed "ironic" but then reconsidered because that's not the real meaning of "ironic". Don't you think it a bit sad that a boy who took a fatal drug overdose (if that's what he did; I'm relying on BSG there) is most widely known for playing the part of a "kind" drug dealer. As if there is such a thing.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I should not have asserted suicide without a finding of cause of death. Quite possibly he OD’d accidentally, if it was even an OD - I think I saw a story that it was suspected as such which I’m guessing means there was drug paraphernalia on site when he was found unresponsive by his poor mother. His family had openly stated that he was battling mental health issues and experiencing intense grief in the wake of burying his father.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Meade--I didn't get that from your post. But maybe I'm a kind responder? :D

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Perhaps 'some kind of' :P

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol:

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

No matter how kind you are, German children will always be kinder.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:ok

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:45 pm
Meade--I didn't get that from your post. But maybe I'm a kind responder? :D
I wonder if "One anticipates multiple issues in his troubled life" is what puzzled you. That was not about the acting. One (meaning me) expects that as info becomes available, more will be known about his problematic life. Do I protest too much?

I'll stop now and consider whether German children are more kinder than Dutch or Afrikaans youngsters. (Hurts to type 'more kinder' but needs must)

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not really, but I think I know what you mean now. It's kind of like saying how strange it is that Lou Gehrig died of a disease called Lou Gehrig disease. Of course, a lot of additional information on this coincidence has not been forthcoming, even after all these years; but the press was a lot less intrusive then. :D