Best/Worst Holiday Movies

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Best/Worst Holiday Movies

Post by Bicycle Bill »

That's the one I've got — the full title of the volume is "Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories (and Other Disasters)".  I did re-read the story last night, and then sniffled myself to sleep.

You know ... I'm thinking that this next week I'm gonna get cleaned up, put on a suit and tie, and head over to the Wednesday night social dance at the senior citizen center back in my old home town.   Sure, I dance like a poorly-jointed marionette in the hands of a spastic puppeteer and it's a 50-odd mile round trip there and back — but what the hell.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RE: Die Hard being a Christmas movie

Personally, I still don't think it should be considered one, but apparently Disney+ does.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

i must agree with RR

his three movies...., magoo, grinch, charlie brown....

...well, they are for children.

mostly...

that is the spirit of christmas.

my favorite christmases were when i was a young adult with no debt, little responsibilty and disposable income.

giving is so nice. i regret that i am not able to be generous in the commercial way now

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

There are many ways to be generous that don't involve money. Give people your time, your good will, your help... Some of my best meemories are when I had little to give monetarily, but a lot more time to spend with friends and loved ones.

As for films, even those aimed at children can provide entertainment for all.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I watched this new one on Friday and it was a very good time - I laughed a lot. Eddie Murphy is still Eddie Murphy, thank goodness for small things!

https://youtu.be/Y9d2G3l3UO4?si=OFxEjRMBuuPWrZXu
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan