A Unique Version of Penny Lane....

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Joe Guy

A Unique Version of Penny Lane....

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade

Re: A Unique Version of Penny Lane....

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You deserve death
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Learning an instrument in later life is excellent exercise for the aging brain.

I once did a dance routine while singing a choral arrangement of Penny Lane when I was in the Madrigals choral group, the elite subgroup from our HS Acapella Choir (but we did, in fact, frequently have accompaniment instruments, it was not all acapella).

Anyway someday after I’ve been the miles to go before I sleep, I’ll be half demented in a rocking chair somewhere and humming that tune, it is deeply etched in my music files.

I hope I will still sing it marginally better than this old dude, gods bless him.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I suspect that he appeals to a very narrow group of music fans. But who knows? With some practice, or maybe even without, he might become a YouTube sensation.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:31 am
I once did a dance routine while singing a choral arrangement of Penny Lane when I was in the Madrigals choral group, the elite subgroup from our HS Acapella Choir.
But...

Wise soul that you are, you did *NOT* put it up on YouTube. :ok

Two roads diverged in a wood, and you—you took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. :nana
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Interesting BSG; those dance routines are the reason I quite the Madrigals in my HS; I loved concerts, did many solos, but couldn't stand dancing for the sake of dancing (I did do some musical theater in HS and college and it didn't bother me, but just dancing to a song I was singing was something different--at least to me.). Not sure what the attraction was with dancing and singing in concert, but I know I didn't want it--the most I did was swaying when I was in a gospel choir (paid section leader--the pay made it more attractive) in college. I now guess my HS wasn't any different than a lot of others--our Madrigal group started out with plain concert signing, and some close harmonies, but then progressed to the dancing routines for some (and eventually many) of the numbers. I guess it came from the colleges the music directors went to (kind of like when marching bands began to incorporate dance moves rather than straight marching patterns.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

A new release! Soon to be at the top of the charts!!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

For Meade...

For today anyway..... :D

Happy Easter!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The sad thing is that it appears that the guy has a a fairly decent voice and could do something a lot better than that ridiculous arrangement. And, even sadder, that he or someone else posted that performance.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And the hits just keep on coming!

Another new release....