The Truth vs Alex Jones

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Big RR

The Truth vs Alex Jones

Post by Big RR »

I just saw this new HBO documentary yesterday; it covers Alex Jones (an idiotic broadcaster of some asinine show called "Infowars" who kept pushing the theory that the sandy hook massacre was a hoax planned by the government to take our firearms, and kept it up, attacking the families for over 10 years) and the lawsuits filed by the parents to fight back. It's not perfect, and I would have preferred to see more about the strategies in the suits and less of the bloviating asshole, but maybe that's just me. But it did show me that it's not just Trump, there are a lot of the rightwing assholes who don't care who they hurt and what lies they tell--just so long as they get the attention they crave. And it also reveals how cruel some people can be, and what damage that cruelty inflicts on the victims--it's not enough that their kids were killed, but they have to endure the unfair attacks of assholes like this and how they can fight back. But it also shows how, judgments or not, it doesn't stop idiots like Jones.

Well worth a watch if you get a chance.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: The Truth vs Alex Jones

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Alex Jones is required to pay $1.5 billion as a result of his insane theories about Sandy Hook etc. Now I am not in favor of debtors' prison but I am quite willing to make exceptions. Jones should be locked up until that amount is paid and, I think, with some sort of incentive/reward scheme to make him start payments. Like flea spray for him after the first $50 million; maybe a blanket after the next $50 million; and a roll of toilet paper after the next. And so on. Once he has found all $1500 million he can be released but not allowed to mix with actual people. Just a thought.