Broson

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Broson

Post by Gob »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172570/

In 1974, a hot-headed 19 year old named Michael Peterson decided he wanted to make a name for himself and so, with a homemade sawn-off shotgun and a head full of dreams he attempted to rob a post office. Swiftly apprehended and originally sentenced to 7 years in jail, Peterson has subsequently been behind bars for 34 years, 30 of which have been spent in solitary confinement. During that time, Michael Petersen, the boy, faded away and 'Charles Bronson,' his superstar alter ego, took center stage. Inside the mind of Bronson - a scathing indictment of celebrity culture.

See it!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sean

Re: Broson

Post by Sean »

I thought from the title that this thread was something to do with incest in NZ... :D
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Oi. Gobby. Fix your thread title. (putz!)

Bronson was a corker of a movie. Not a person I would every want to get on the wrong side of.
Bah!

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Just watched it.

Odd.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Good odd, or bad odd?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Or odd as in you watched it three times?
Bah!

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Just plain odd. It was interesting though the movie assumes you're somewhat familiar with Bronsons antics already. I also think the films narrative devices were applied a little sloppily.

dales

Post by dales »

HUH?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

I love Tom Hardy, one of my all time favourite actors.

I loved this film, it has some clever and surreal moments and great cinematography.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Following seeing the movie I bought some of "Bronson's" books.

I wish I hadn't...

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

that bad? I thought the one on working out in small spaces might be interesting.

Gob

Post by Gob »

"Solitary fitness", of them all that's the most interesting, but it's still written by a psycho..

PM me your address and I'll mail you my copy if you want it!

Crackpot

Re: Bronson

Post by Crackpot »

:lol:

That's not necessary.

Edited to fix the title :D