Ray Donovan

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Joe Guy

Re: Ray Donovan

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:43 am
I’m missing Jim after visiting this thread. But honestly I think of him and miss him at least once a week, I so wish he was here to share his perspective on the shit show of American politics.
I miss Jim too.

He was the last winner of the Plan B Person of the Year award. For those who weren’t here, it was a very prestigious award given annually until people got bored with it in spite of all the blood, sweat and tears I shed to keep it extremely fair and uncheatable.

But that was yesterday and yesterday’s gone…

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

i miss him as well; Jim was a real gentleman (in the best sense of the word), and I always enjoyed reading his posts, even if I disagreed with them. The Board hasn't been the same since we lost him.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Yeah I was just wondering how much you all still thought of him. (I still have his memorial page up on my phone so I’m reminded of him every time I look back to my old references)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

For someone I never met except through pixels, I feel his loss acutely. I think of him literally every time I log onto this board, because my first thought was always "What nuttiness am I going to argue with Jim about today?"
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:) yes, that sounds exactly right
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

The main thing I remember about Jim was he was the most level-headed conservative I'd met. And yes, I did meet him in person back in the Cafe Dartre days.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.