DTCEIASHF

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

DTCEIASHF

Post by Gob »

Bosses at TV's Countdown had to axe a round after a contestant offered up an expletive during filming of an edition.

Competitors on the long-running Channel 4 show, in which people make the longest word from a selection of letters, were given DTCEIASHF.

But they were given a new set of letters and asked to try again when Cambridge University student Jack Hurst produced the word "shittfaced".
Dictionary corner expert Susie Dent told presenter Jeff Stelling the term for a ‘rude or obnoxious person’* would have been acceptable.

However the station decided it was not suitable and a fresh selection of letters was used.

Channel 4 said today: ‘Countdown is a daytime programme and this particular word was not deemed appropriate for a daytime audience so not included in the show.’

Maths student Hurst, 18, won eight shows during his stint on the programme last month, achieving the highest ever total for an ‘octochamp’ – 946 points.

Hurst, of Desford, Leicestershire, finished top of his class at Bosworth Community College after achieving four A* grades in his A-Levels.

He is now competing in the grand final, for which the prize is a 20-volume gold-leafed dictionary set.

But he admitted: ‘I’m actually going for second place because the runner-up gets £1,000 and I’d rather have that.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z14NDFFcy7
*Shitfaced actually means "very drunk".
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Miles

Re: DTCEIASHF

Post by Miles »

Maybe when you add the extra "t" it takes on a different meaning. :nana
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.