Name That Movie!

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Name That Movie!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Don't know if anyone has tried this around here, but let's have some fun.  The rules are simple.

1) Someone posts a quote from a movie — modern, classic, cartoon, foreign, it's all good.  Let's just not make it too obscure, OK, and let's try to keep it reasonably clean?
2)  Theatrical movies only; let's leave TV out of this for now (we can always decide differently later on).
3)  Poster who correctly identifies the quote gets to post the next one, and so on and so on.
4)  There are times similar quotes have appeared in different movies, so please wait until the poster of the original quote acknowledges that the correct movie was identified before posting the next quote.
5)  Yes, I know you could always Google it but that wouldn't be very sporting, now would it?
6)  I'll start with an easy one, since it was my idea.......

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!  Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!"
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Name That Movie!

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Holy Grail, Monty Python and the
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Name That Movie!

Post by RayThom »

"Island of Lost Souls"

The female hamster was a dead giveaway.

As far as the next movie quote... I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sorry, Ray, Meade was the first poster.  You have command, MajGenl. sir.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You better not cut up nor otherwise harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches."
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Jesus of Nazareth.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Name That Movie!

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:You better not cut up nor otherwise harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches."
Another easy one... Sam Peckinpah's 1971 classic, "Straw Dogs."

Next quote, please.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Both wrong

dales

Post by dales »

"Both Wrong".

That's from D.W. Griffith's grand opus "The Great Train Robbery"

Or maybe not being that its a silent film. :nana

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

dirty dozen?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Good point, Dales... should we allow a "final line" as written on the silent film frame?

Clue: the speaker of my final line quote was addressing townsfolk when he was particularly pissed off at the way they'd treated a dead Morgan Freeman

Another question: what do we do if wesw gets it? (Did he?). I ain't gonna read it but it wouldn't be fair if he got it right... someone want to quote me his answer? I'm not bothered if you don't - I've tried

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

No, he didn't get it. (I knew right away that I didn't know the answer, so I googled it, and thus made myself ineligible.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I bet you'll never forgive yourself for that, Econo!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:lol:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Unforgiven.
ImageImageImage

Fafhrd

Post by Fafhrd »

On another message board, we have a series of this type of game going on. Each correct answerer is supposed to pose the next problem, though. And the movie it's from isn't enough of an answer, the name of the actor who spoke the line is also required.

Another "ping pong" game is alternating actors and their movies. Each actor is responded with a(nother) movie he or she was in, and each movie named is responded with an(other) actor who was in that movie.

It moves along pretty fast.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

LJ got it right. Over to you, boss!

(and as well know it was Clint Eastwood - in what I've come to believe is one of the all-time definitive Westerns, along with The Missing)

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"If I were you boys, I wouldn't talk or even think about women. T'aint good for your health."
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Go Wesw, Young Man?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Nope
ImageImageImage