Name That Movie!

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Name That Movie!

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Name That Movie! Please.

Post by RayThom »

NO. No one is being serious here. Let's try this.
JOE: "... To quote from The Meditations of Quixote, "I am I, plus my surroundings. And if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself." I want to thank you all for being here..."
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Please, Please, Name That Movie!

Post by RayThom »

NO, again, to both of you silly boneheads. Think of a fairly recent movie involving complex relationships, and needy people.

(I'm practically giving it away now.)

OK, JOE (Cont’d): And finally, I have my beautiful Wife, Joan, The love of my life.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Think of a fairly recent movie involving complex relationships, and needy people.

(I'm practically giving it away now.)
Yeah, that does pretty much give it away:

ImageImageImage

RayThom

Please, Please, Name That Movie! Please

Post by RayThom »

Pfft! No.

This is a "slow-action" flick. There is not one second of lame CGI to be viewed.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

No, but you're getting warmer.

It's a binary choice at this point.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Aha! D H Lawrence of Arabia!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Now you're just being obtuse.
A younger JOE: (in flashback mode) It’s completely pretentious, giving my daughter a literary name. But I want her to know how important books are. And when you girls start having babies I expect all of you to name your little girls Fanny, too."

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

It's a binary choice at this point.
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I prefer 'acute'. LJ is obtuse.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

NO!!! I can see you need another clue.

This should resonate with all the malnourished souls out there.
Younger JOE (still in flashback) A true writer does not write to get published. He writes because he has something urgent and personal that he needs to say. He must write as he must breathe and he keeps on doing it despite the loneliness and the poverty and the piles of rejection slips and the parent or the wife who cry out, “you fool, why don’t you get a real job!” A writer writes because if he doesn’t, his soul will starve."

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The Midwife?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

RayThom

Please, Name That Movie! Please, Please

Post by RayThom »

NO, so far.

OK, I'm introducing another character to really simplify this obvious conundrum.
Nathanial: Absolutely. That's why you are who you are. And Joan, congratulations to you as well. I don't think anyone gives enough credit to the spouse.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

WTF? NO!!!

Let's try this quote -- which I'm sure is a dead giveaway.
JOAN (the wife of John): You don't want to make enemies with someone like that (Nathanial). There's nothing more dangerous than a writer with hurt feelings.