We all love puns

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
BoSoxGal

Re: We all love puns

Post by BoSoxGal »

AB8E20C5-A494-4C5A-9962-F26C1EB784C5.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the Hardware section.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Goodness. How sinful. He's using electricity, AND allowing his picture to be taken.
I'm surprised the horse would stand still for it. Those high pressure hoses hurt.

I don't recall seeing a horse wash in Yoder KS. Maybe it's hidden off the main drag. https://www.yoderkansas.com/
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not sure about pictures (but they do tend to avoid being photographed--I personally think it's because they don't want to be seen as an attraction or oddity to be gawked at and photographed ), but as I understand it, use of electricity is not a sin, anymore than riding in a car (or on a bus, train, or plane) is. The main reason electricity is avoided is because it leads to pursuits that are nor individualized (like watching TV) and not communal (ditto for owning cars). I once purchased a wagon for my daughters from and Amish factory in Pennsylvania (Intercourse Pennsylvania actually)u--he did not have a phone, but he used his neighbor's phone--you'd call the number and she'd get him. When I picked it up, I asked him about the views on hones, etc., and that's how he explained it; Amish aspire to a more closely woven community than our modern society does, so they void most of the modern conveniences that tend to isolate them from their neighbors.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

The first time someone does it it’s just a shenan.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Carpool Tunnel Syndrome.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BTW 10 years or so ago, in those heady days when we still took a newspaper every day, I noticed in that day's Pearls that Stephan Pastis would be at the local Barnes and Noble doing a book signing. I was a long time Pearls fan but my wife and daughter were not. (Not anti in any way, they just hadn't read it.). He gave about a one hour talk on cartooning and life and whatnot and then signed books. He did a little cartoon of Goat in mine. If you ever get the chance and he comes to your town, it's well worth it. I no longer get a daily paper but I catch up on Pearls on line from time to time.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

STAGGERING.jpg
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:44 am
There's a theory — actually, it's pretty much accepted science — that the universe is constantly expanding.  Since the earth, of course, is part of the universe, it stands to logic that it too is expanding.  THAT'S why it takes you longer to walk home afterwards than it did to get there in the first place — the distance got greater. :mrgreen:
(that's also why those last twenty miles or so are always the longest when I'm out for a bike ride)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Yesterday was National Escargot Day. No wonder I was feeling sluggish.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Snailed it!

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

You herd me.jpg
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Baaaa-haaa-haaa!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Monkee pox.jpg
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

F8460549-9134-459C-9E9D-D9AF19517EA2.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

For someone who only showers periodically...

only shower periodically.jpg
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

If you admire Michelangelo's work on the Sistine Chapel frescoes, you are a ceiling fan.
credit: Adam-Troy Castro, on Facebook
God @The Tweet of God