Canadian Bride Canceled Her Wedding

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
liberty

Canadian Bride Canceled Her Wedding

Post by liberty »

Canadians :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I need to say nothing else here. Butt how will "Greasy Shit for Brains” excuse this stupidity. Yea, Canadians a people of real grit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... spartandhp

This Bride Canceled Her Wedding After Guests Refused to Pay Her $1,500 Attendance Fee
Christina Oehler
MSN |
We don't need to tell you that weddings can get expensive. Even with the most meticulous , a few are bound to crop up. While most brides tend to accept this as fact, one Canadian woman, who is only known as "Susan," attempted to circumvent wedding costs by asking her friends and family to pay up to attend her wedding. It went about as well as you'd expect.
"Susan" is causing quite the debate online after posting a bizarre Facebook rant about her now-canceled wedding. Yup, the couple called off the wedding just days before their I dos, after their guests refused to pay the $1,500 attendance fee Susan was demanding in order to pay for her CAD $60,000 ($46,020 USD) dream wedding.
In her long-winded, expletive-filled explanation, the (former) bride accused her friends and family of ruining her marriage and her life. “How could we have our wedding that we dreamed of without proper funding? We'd sacrificed so much and only asked each guest for around $1,500. We talked to a few people who even promised us more to make our dream come true," she reportedly wrote on Facebook. "My maid of honor pledged $5,000 along with her planning services. We tearfully thanked and accepted. My ex's family offered to contribute $3,000. So our request for $1,500 for all other guests was not f***ing out of the ordinary. Like, we made it clear. If you couldn't contribute, you weren't invited to our exclusive wedding. It's a once and a lifetime [sic] party.”
She continued, "We just needed a little push. Our dream wedding amounted to $60,000... All we asked was for a little help from our friends and family to make it happen."
Surprise, surprise, none of that went over very well. After the couple sent out their invitations (and money requests), only eight guests RSVP'd. "We were f***ing livid," Susan wrote. "How was this supposed to happen without a little help from our friends. To make matters worse, my ex's family took back their offer. Suddenly, more people backed out, including the...maid of honor. My best friend since childhood. My second family. I was so shocked and tearful."
Realizing they would not be able to afford their dream wedding, Susan's fiancé suggested tying the knot in Las Vegas. The bride quickly shut down the idea, asking, "Am I supposed to get married in the heart of shady gamblers, alcoholics and the get rich fast fallacy?"
"I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live my life like normal," she said, totally and completely reasonably (JK), adding that her maid of honor advised her to stick to her budget, as she was asking for way too much from her guests. Oh, and then she accused her fiancé of talking behind her back, too.
"I overheard him talking in the basement when he called me a stuck up b****. Anyway I am exhausted. I am bone tired. My heart is not the same. It's stone cold," she wrote.
The Daily Mail only has screenshots of Susan's post, as she seemingly deactivated her Facebook account following the incident. They also managed to capture a few of the comments left underneath the post, including one of which that read, "I have no words. You're out of your mind, Susan."
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Re: Canadian Bride Canceled Her Wedding

Post by liberty »

Got a call and have go west maybe I will be back when I stop in Ruston.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

"I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live my life like normal." I think that involves a video of an intimate encounter, but I could be wrong.

Liberty you expect someone here (I think I know who you mean but I'm not sure) to defend this woman? Don't think it's going to happen. To put it another way, I don't expect Americans to excuse your stupidity; nor do I think that it (your stupidity) reflects on the rest of my American friends, on this board or elsewhere.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Re the OP (from a discussion elsewhere, on Facebook):
  • Poster 1: Some guy seriously dodged a bullet here.

Poster B: I think this guy dodged so many bullets that his nickname is “Neo.”
Seriously...I doubt whether my bride and I and our families spent $1500 *TOTAL* for our wedding. And the fact that we're still married >50 years later is worth much, much, *MUCH* MORE than being “a Kardashian for a day.”
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

The bride-to-be in this little drama is also a mother and this family-without-benefit-of-clergy has been together for several years. Because her and his 'selfish' friends would not pony up $1500 each to finance her wedding plans, she is abandoning her son and going off to find herself in South America. I thought this kind of emotional crisis was only found in badly written fiction. I have so much to learn about life in this 21st century.

snailgate.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And BTW I went to the Daily Mail article and read through the Facebook posts. I'm not sure where the DM got the idea she is Canadian because I couldn't find a reference in the posts themselves. But there is a comment from a friend who basically says that there were no clues for years that she was like this until a recent attachment to social media. And then: ". . . wtf. This woman has never been outside the US . . ." So lib, if your original intent was to bash Canadians you might want to check your foot for bullet holes. That is, if your shooting is in any sense accurate. Come to think of it, it probably isn't.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:And the fact that we're still married >50 years later is worth much, much, *MUCH* MORE than being “a Kardashian for a day.”
There's nothing more to add.  That's the whole kit and kaboodle, all wrapped in pretty paper and tied up with a beautiful bow.
Congrats to you and Mrs. Econoline.  You're well on your way to forever together.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I add my congrats as well, econo; you have a few years on my wife and me (but only a few--where does the time go?), and I don't think our wedding even cost $1500; we are planning my daughter's wedding for next June, and it will be much more than that, but nowhere near $1500 a person.

And FWIW, you couldn't pay me enough to be a Kardashian for a minute, let alone a day. If that's her idea of class, no wonder she's doing this.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

$60000 (cdn) for a wedding while on the expensive side isn’t out of ordinary. What’s odd here is that she’s expecting guests to foot the entire bill and that there are apparently only 40 guests.

My wedding 12 years ago including honeymoon probably cost about 30k (US) but that was for about 120 people. ask said and done we ended up losing 12-15k on the deal but we didn’t go into the deal expecting to make a profit ( or even break even).
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I would think $60,000 ($46,000 US) for 40 people would be pretty excessive. Sure you could run up the bill as high as you want (there are plenty of vendors waiting to take your money), but, leaving out the honeymoon (which I don't think was included here), I can't imagine what she wanted to include. Maybe I just think too frugally.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

It’s not too hard to get to $300 per plate for the reception (if you’re not paying attention to price) more of you’re only serving 40 fucking people (most places have between a 70-100 plate minimum) and that’s just the easily calculated bit. That alone gets you to half the price. Service venue, officiate, photographer, cake etc. those numbers add up quickly.

As I said it’s not so much the cost as the expectation of the guests to foot the bill

Personally I wonder how much money she’s out just by canceling the damn thing
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Most venues I looked at with require full payment if cancelled less than 30-45 days prior to the date; it seems strange she could cancel "days" before the planned wedding.

And I agree you can easily run the bill up, especially if you only have 4o people but agree to pay for 100.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I can't find any proof this is a hoax, but I also can't find anything that seems to fill out this story any further (the full name of the bride, a link to her supposed Facebook page, quotes from anyone invited, etc) so for the time being I'm going to label this one "unproven"....
ImageImageImage