Wassup In Whacky Wisconsin?

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
dales

Post by dales »

Police: Mother tries karate, son strips and dog steals cornbread at Walmart

Ryan W. Miller 3 hours ago

In a strange twist of events, a mother allegedly performed karate, a son stripped nude and their dog stole cornbread this week at a Wisconsin Walmart, police said.

The incident happened Wednesday evening when Eau Claire, Wisconsin, police responded to a theft call at the store, the department said in a Facebook post.

Police found a woman, identified as Lisa Smith, 46, chasing her dog Bo in the entry when they arrived and learned that son Benny Vann, 25, was in the store as well.

The woman allegedly arrived at the store with the pet unleashed and had been pulling apart store displays and placing them in her cart, the department said.

"She was asked to leave by staff and left the store to perform karate moves in the parking lot," the department said in the Facebook post. "In the meantime, Bo got a box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix and tried to leave the store."

As the chaos ensued, police say Vann went to the back of the store where he "removed all of his clothing exposing himself to other customers."

The man grabbed new clothes from the store, and tried to run over an officer with a scooter before he was arrested, police said.

Smith was also arrested but fought with officers, police say. Both face several charges related to the incident, including disorderly conduct.

Online records show both were still jailed Friday morning, and it was unclear if they had an attorney.
As for the dog Bo, officers caught him and brought him to the Humane Association.

"The dog was not charged – we issued him a warning for the theft," the department said on Facebook.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Police: Mother tries karate, son strips and dog steals cornbread at Walmart
And no, I'm not picking on Wisconsin, my mother's side of the family is from there. :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Long Run

Re: Wassup In Whacky Wisconsin?

Post by Long Run »

This sounds like more of a people of Walmart category than a regional oddity.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I hope Bo finds a new loving home where cornbread is a regular treat.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Should not be hard:

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

There's a simple explanation, really.

I live about 90 miles away from Eau Claire.  We've had a typical Wisconsin winter this year, although the past three or four years have been so mild that this year's conditions seemed to be particularly harsh by comparison.  Regardless, last weekend at this time, we had temperatures near 60° (15° for the benefit of Gob and some of the other non-Americans).  Spring had finally arrived in the north country — or so we thought — and for many people it was none too soon.

However, beginning this past Tuesday Mother Nature decided she wasn't quite through with us yet, and clobbered the entire Midwest with another one of these so-called 'bomb cyclones' (and as an aside, how did we ever get by in winters past without the Weather Channel and the rest of the meteorological world to come up with these 'end-of-times' names for winter storms like "Snowpocalypse", "Snowmageddon", and the afore-mentioned "bomb cyclone"?), taking us back to temperatures below freezing and dumping a "wintry mix" of precipitation that in some areas resulted in a foot or more of snow where there had been bare ground and dry pavement less than 48 hours earlier (and btw, much of it is still here).

So it's simple.  Already being in a susceptible condition (they WERE Walmart shoppers, after all), they contracted a classic case of "cabin fever" and just plain snapped.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Regarding mom and son; I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that drugs and/or alcohol may have been involved...

As for Bo, it seems to me his behavior was quite rational...

If he lives with these two lollapaloozalas, they probably forget to feed to him, so he decided he would take matters into his own paws...
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

The usual suspects:

Bo was not available for the photo-op.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, from those pictures the explanation is obvious...

They were distraught that the notifications for their MacArthur Fellowship Awards hadn't arrived yet, so they went out and tied one on...
ImageImageImage