Let it Snow!

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
BoSoxGal

Let it Snow!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Christmas sweater with Santa and cocaine forces Walmart to apologize

(CNN Business)Walmart is saying sorry for making available a Christmas sweater with an apparent drug reference.

The sweater featured an image of Santa Claus behind a table with three white lines that look similar to cocaine lines. Below the image is the phrase "Let it snow." The Global News, a Canadian news organization, first reported the apology.

"These sweaters, sold by a third-party seller on Walmart.ca, do not represent Walmart's values and have no place on our website," Walmart said in a statement on Saturday. "We have removed these products from our marketplace. We apologize for any unintended offence this may have caused."

Walmart (WMT) declined to comment further on Sunday.
:lol:

The freaking moron who didn’t catch this massive blunder probably pulls down six figures. :loon
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Re: Let it Snow!

Post by RayThom »

BoSoxGal wrote:... The freaking moron who didn’t catch this massive blunder probably pulls down six figures.
Oh, I think we now all know who's on Santa's naughty list this year.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
The freaking moron who didn’t catch this massive blunder probably pulls down six figures. :loon
Don't be too hard on morons, BSG: if Walmart give you a few hundred products to screen (it is, allegedly, a third party vendor who uses their site) you'd probably look at this and say great, another #%^*( ^% ugly sweater, someone will buy it. And move on to the next item. I'm pretty sure I would.

The moral is: if you have a reputation you want to uphold, sell your own shit not someone else's. There's probably $1 per sweater in it for Walmart.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You think Walmart really has a reputation it wants to uphold?