Get in there my son!!

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

Get in there my son!!

Post by Gob »

For a woman who plans her every public appearance in meticulous detail, it must have come as quite a surprise when 16-year-old Aker Okoye bounded on to the stage – and went straight in for a kiss on the cheek.

To rapturous applause from fellow pupils at Robert Clack Upper School in Dagenham, East London, Aker beamed as the Duchess of Sussex laughed and wagged her finger in mock admonishment.

And he still wasn’t finished. Waiting for the cheers to die down – and with excellent comic timing – he then leaned in to the microphone to say: ‘She really is beautiful, innit.’ Cue more whoops.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arkle.html
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Re: Get in there my son!!

Post by Gob »

They interviewed this young man, (and his mum,) on breakfast TV this morning. Very bright and affable chap, he has a great future ahead of him, but will always be known as the; "She really is beautiful, innit," boy.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"innit"

Moron
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not at all. Please do not tell me you never use the teenage argot of your youth or I'll be forced to read back through your posts...

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh, that is so worth it! "I never use the teenage argot of (my) youth" Go ahead. Let me know the results. :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Bollocks...

Gob

Post by Gob »

Where does; "... It's far too crawly bum-lick. Tell it like it is, put "fascist bully boy" come from? The teenage argot of your youth.

(Ok you were probably 45 yrs old when that came out!)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well, yeah but that's quoting the people's poet. Not my argot. Got to go back further, me old cock-sparrer.

Gob

Post by Gob »

So piss off with your lessons about other kinds of slavery
"Piss off"?

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Pretty sure the teen argot of Meade’s youth is something like this: “ What, you egg! Young fry of treachery!”

8-)
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Curses! Discovered!

“I say, you fellows, I’m fearfully keen on it. I say, you help me through with my lines, and I’ll come down to the nets—it’s pretty rotten for a fellow to have to stick indoors writing lines when he wants to be at the nets. Tain’t much of an impot if we whack it out all round.”

Isn't "piss off" current terminology?

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade wrote: Isn't "piss off" current terminology?
Nope, as I say, it's from your teenage years!

1250–1300; Middle English pissen < Old French pissier < Vulgar Latin *pisiāre (imitative)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah but it means what it says. It's not pig ignorant misplacing of "isn't it" after a sentence that doesn't fit