What did you do during the Covid-19 pandemic dad?

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
ex-khobar Andy

Re: What did you do during the Covid-19 pandemic dad?

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

"The cleaner is lovely and does a great job in the library. It was an honest mistake and just one of those things so we would never want her to feel bad about it," he added.
So let's just make sure it gets into the papers, shall we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Can this cleaner do something about the lungs? A lot of people say, I don't know them but they say, a good cleansing is probably a cure more than likely or not. Can someone look it into that?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
"The cleaner is lovely and does a great job in the library. It was an honest mistake and just one of those things so we would never want her to feel bad about it," he added.
So let's just make sure it gets into the papers, shall we?
Excellent point. :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I'm a Pine-Sol kind of guy myself.

The taste of the great outdoors. The next best thing to hugging a tree.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

A couple who drove 300 miles for a 'mini break' amid the coronavirus lockdown have been fined and had their car seized after being caught sleeping inside.

Enforcement action was taken after a police officer found the pair flouting government guidance while on patrol in Falmouth, Cornwall.

The two of them had travelled all the way from Kent without insurance and a driving licence.

The probation officer who came across them, under her Twitter name of The Hungry Copper, shared the incident on social media in a post which has been liked and retweeted hundreds of times.

She wrote: 'Found 2 people sleeping in a car in #Falmouth Checked their details & both live in #Kent & had driven down for a mini break.

'But driver had No Insurance & No Driving Licence! Car seized & 2 #FixedPenaltyNotices issued for Breaching the #Covid_19 #lockdown #restrictions #StayHome'

People have since rushed to praise the officer's actions, including Devon and Cornwall Police's Supt Adrian Leisk, who wrote that he 'struggles to comprehend the selfishness' of people in such cases.

He added: 'Important message for those still thinking it's a good idea to ignore the Government guidance; you will be fined, you will be turned around (and in this case we'll seize your car) good work Emma.'

Other users described the incident as 'remarkable' and said it was 'selfishness at its worst and policing at its best', while others questioned how the couple would get back home to Kent without their vehicle.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Trying out a new catapult, taking a quad bike for a "walk" and buying drugs are just some of the random excuses people have used for breaking coronavirus lockdown guidelines.

Forces in Wales have released examples of just some of the reasons people have given for supposed "essential" travel.

Police said most people were following advice to stay home.

However they said a "a small minority had selfishly put others at risk" and had been fined.

It is almost five weeks since strict rules were announced to limit the spread of coronavirus which will continue into May.

Police say the message is now so clear that individuals who are outside for reasons other than those permitted in the guidelines would face "greater enforcement activity", including a fixed penalty notice of £60.

Among the excuses given to Gwent Police officers were:

"My son is a rubbish cook so I take him food every day"
"I've just been to feed the fish"
"I've been to buy nail clippers for the dog"
"I've bought a new catapult and wanted to try it out"
"I don't watch the news - what's going on?"
"I'm taking my mate into Newport to buy drugs"
"I am taking my quad bike for a walk and I promise I am not going ride it around a field"
"I thought I heard someone may be in trouble, so I came to have a look but I don't know their name or remember the person who told me it".
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

There once was a man from Kent.. whose dick was so long it was bent. To stay out of trouble. He put it in doubled. And instead of coming he went."
Burma Shave
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

A church in London has continued selling a fake Covid-19 cure, despite being under investigation by the charity watchdog.

The Charity Commission launched a probe into the Kingdom Church, in south London, earlier this month for selling coronavirus "protection kits".

But instead of stopping the sale, the church renamed the kits and is now selling "divine cleansing oil".

The church said it was "convinced" the oil cured Covid-19.

Bishop Climate Wiseman, of the Kingdom Church which is based in Camberwell, claimed his kits - a bottle of oil and some red yarn, priced at £91 - would protect his followers from the virus.

When the story came to light, the Charity Commission, which regulates charities in England and Wales, as well as Trading Standards launched an investigation into the church for selling the fake cure.

But BBC London, posing as a customer this week, found the church was still selling so-called "divine cleansing oil" which it says prevents and cures Covid-19 if taken three times a day.

In secretly-recorded conversations, BBC London was told the oil would work if inhaled via a towel or hot water in a bowl.

An employee of the Kingdom Church said on the phone: "We are helping the nation.

"We are convinced this cures coronavirus. We have sold nearly 2,000 of these."

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Religion -- it's going to kill us all.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:41 pm
What difference does it make if religion kills us, or if the coronavirus claims us, or if we suck enough tobacco smoke into our lungs to choke a horse, or someone who thinks he's Mario Andretti plows into us on the freeway at 120 mph?  Ain't none of us going to get out of this world alive anyway.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

RayThom wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:41 pm
What difference does it make if religion kills us, or if the coronavirus claims us, or if we suck enough tobacco smoke into our lungs to choke a horse, or someone who thinks he's Mario Andretti plows into us on the freeway at 120 mph?  Ain't none of us going to get out of this world alive anyway.
No, I did not write the above quote, BB did some time ago. I'm still wondering what his point was/is.

COVID, Tobacco, Speed -- none of that is related to any particular organized religion.

However, religion, the opium of the people, is pushed on us from cradle to grave, and will indeed be the death of us due to the lack of understanding and tolerance they falsely preach.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You're right, Ray; I did write that.  I was originally going to quote your final line and then riff off of it, but decided that wasn't necessary.  However, when I started to cancel the quoted line I must have missed something and, when I previewed the post before hitting 'submit', I somehow missed the formatting and failed to correct my error.

But what I was saying stands.  We're all going to die of something or another.  What difference does it make it it's caused by organized religion or disorganized politics?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:47 am
However, religion, the opium of the people, is pushed on us from cradle to grave, and will indeed be the death of us due to the lack of understanding and tolerance they falsely preach.
I think you mean that human beings tend to intolerance (perhaps even of religion) and that lack of understanding is a common trait among people.

As one who preaches and knows many who do, I reject your blanket simplifications. I hope you work out your deep-seated trauma one day :ok
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:58 am
... As one who preaches and knows many who do, I reject your blanket simplifications. I hope you work out your deep-seated trauma one day
Trauma... what trauma? This is my truth and my reality which I live by every day. I'm calm, cool, and collected, and above all self-realized.

In today's world, religion significantly cause more harm than good. Blinded-by-the-light fundamentalists and evangelicals leading the pack of pious persecutors.

Therein lies the real trauma.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I refer to your abusive upbringing by Roman Catholic methods; which is not to blame you for your understandable prejudice. You seem to credit imaginary power to charlatans and portray them as more important than they are. At the same time, you tar with the same brush millions of people who are positive forces within society.

If you want to hold up the most pernicious, lying and evil "practitioners" of a claimed belief as typical, then we'll take Joe Stalin as the archetype atheist. Those bastards cause more trouble in the world than they are worth. Does that sound right to you? It doesn't to me.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Just an interesting factoid; psychologists include clergy person in the top ten professions that psychopaths are drawn to.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:19 pm
... I refer to your abusive upbringing by Roman Catholic methods; which is not to blame you for your understandable prejudice... If you want to hold up the most pernicious, lying and evil "practitioners" of a claimed belief as typical, then we'll take Joe Stalin as the archetype atheist...
Meade, you can refer me to whatever you want and your thinking will still be skewed to me, and my fellow atheists.

As for us atheists, trying to lump us into a nefarious, murderous, class that includes Stalin is just plain christian fundamentalist preaching, doom and gloom, bullshit. 99.99% of atheists practice benign, live and let live, humanism. More than you can say judging by christian history -- now and then. All varieties of religion, and religious cults, for that matter.

In the end, you're going to die and I'm going to die. Who's on the bus -- who's under it? We'll never know whose convictions will bear out.

I'm truly comfortable with my life -- and death -- when it comes. I can't help but feel you're not, but that's on you to work through with your bible and pulpit. I don't need those props to show who's better -- or worse. It just doesn't matter.

Peace.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

So an anti Semitic actor and the son of God walked into a bar...

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:59 pm
As for us atheists, trying to lump us into a nefarious, murderous, class that includes Stalin is just plain christian fundamentalist preaching, doom and gloom, bullshit. 99.99% of atheists practice benign, live and let live, humanism. More than you can say judging by christian history -- now and then. All varieties of religion, and religious cults, for that matter.
I understand why you are so bitterly obtuse. If you read with comprehension you would note that your paragraph above exactly proves my point.

1. In relationship to atheists as a "nefarious, murderous class that includes Stalin" i wrote this:
Does that sound right to you? It doesn't to me.
We agree. So much for your "just plain christian fundamentalist preaching" bullshit

2. To the contrary, you are the one constantly bitching, broadcasting your prejudiced blanket aspersion that "religion" consists 100% of evil people doing their best to destroy everyone else. You just don't see that the one position is as blindly stupid as the other, do you?

I judge by the history of people and it's people who make life worse or better, and they will use politics, faith, lack of faith, hatred of the other, covetousness and any excuse to be the people they are and achieve their selfish ends. Non-religious leaders have caused more death and suffering in the world than religions have ever (yet) managed. But I don't allege that all atheists, nor yet most atheists, nor yet the huge majority of atheists espouse such behaviour. So, lay off the insulting hostility eh? Remember, Jesus wants you for a rainbow