What did you do during the Covid-19 pandemic dad?

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

What did you do during the Covid-19 pandemic dad?

Post by Gob »

Can we use this thread to post funny or stupid incidents from the pandemic?

You have to laugh...
An Australian astrophysicist has been admitted to hospital after getting four magnets stuck up his nose in an attempt to invent a device that stops people touching their faces during the coronavirus outbreak.

Dr Daniel Reardon, a research fellow at Melbourne’s Swinburne University, was building a necklace that sounds an alarm on facial contact, when the mishap occurred on Thursday night.

The 27 year-old astrophysicist, who studies pulsars and gravitational waves, said he was trying to liven up the boredom of self-isolation with the four powerful neodymium magnets.

“I have some electronic equipment but really no experience or expertise in building circuits or things,” he told Guardian Australia.

“I had a part that detects magnetic fields. I thought that if I built a circuit that could detect the magnetic field, and we wore magnets on our wrists, then it could set off an alarm if you brought it too close to your face. A bit of boredom in isolation made me think of that.”

However, the academic realised the electronic part he had did the opposite – and would only complete a circuit when there was no magnetic field present.

“I accidentally invented a necklace that buzzes continuously unless you move your hand close to your face,” he said.

“After scrapping that idea, I was still a bit bored, playing with the magnets. It’s the same logic as clipping pegs to your ears – I clipped them to my earlobes and then clipped them to my nostril and things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.”

Reardon said he placed two magnets inside his nostrils, and two on the outside. When he removed the magnets from the outside of his nose, the two inside stuck together. Unfortunately, the researcher then attempted to use his remaining magnets to remove them.

“At this point, my partner who works at a hospital was laughing at me,” he said. “I was trying to pull them out but there is a ridge at the bottom of my nose you can’t get past.

“After struggling for 20 minutes, I decided to Google the problem and found an article about an 11-year-old boy who had the same problem. The solution in that was more magnets. To put on the outside to offset the pull from the ones inside.

“As I was pulling downwards to try and remove the magnets, they clipped on to each other and I lost my grip. And those two magnets ended up in my left nostril while the other one was in my right. At this point I ran out of magnets.”

Before attending the hospital, Reardon attempted to use pliers to pull them out, but they became magnetised by the magnets inside his nose.

“Every time I brought the pliers close to my nose, my entire nose would shift towards the pliers and then the pliers would stick to the magnet,” he said. “It was a little bit painful at this point.

“My partner took me to the hospital that she works in because she wanted all her colleagues to laugh at me. The doctors thought it was quite funny, making comments like ‘This is an injury due to self-isolation and boredom.’”

At the hospital, a team of two doctors applied an anaesthetic spray and manually removed the magnets from Reardon’s nose.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Re: What did you do during the Covid-19 pandemic dad?

Post by Gob »

A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.

The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.

Police said his wife had to sit in the boot as she "could not fit in the vehicle" for the return journey to Coventry.

North West Motorway Police issued the man with a traffic offence report.

After the force tweeted news of the 220-mile round trip people reacted with a mixture of shock and disbelief.

Anthony Collier said: "I am amazed at how many people are still making unnecessary journeys."
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Ah, eBay windows
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/florida-p ... r-up-nose/

Florida politician tells public meeting that blowing hairdryer up your nose can cure coronavirus

A local Florida politician has apologized for telling a public meeting that blowing a hairdryer up your nose can cure the coronavirus.

Okeechobee County Commissioner Bryant Culpepper bragged about his background as a paramedic as he hailed the madcap “cure” that he saw “one of the foremost doctors who has studied the coronavirus” reveal on cable TV.

“This sounds really goofy — and it did to me too — but it works,” he told Friday’s meeting of his commission, as caught on video.

“The answer was you use a blow dryer. You hold a blow dryer up to your face and you inhale with your nose and it kills all the viruses in your nose,” he insisted.

“Sometimes the cures for some of these diseases are very simple.”

His widely debunked claims were met with silence, before an awkward “OK” — and another member of the commission warned against “misinformation” over the potentially deadly virus.

It was met with a far more hostile audience online, however, with the commissioner getting called “dangerously ignorant,” a “special kind of stupid” and even “dumb as a f—ing rock” on his own Facebook page.

“Misinformation is deadlier than the actual virus,” one critic, Tony Trotter, warned him on Facebook.

Culpepper on Sunday offered a “heartfelt sorry” for angry exchanges he had with critics online as well as “the embarrassment I caused to my Fellow Commissioners” and staff.

“I will not offer any more suggestions unless they are tried and proven,” he vowed, asking for “forgiveness for anything offensive that I uttered.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

“I will not offer any more suggestions unless they are tried and proven,”
Gee, if only our President would make that pledge...
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

PIERS MORGAN: The coronavirus has made heroes out of many but brought out the selfish worst in others - here are my 20 top Cov-idiots so far (and isn't it funny how many are rich and famous?)

They say a crisis brings out the best and worst in people, and never has that been pertinent than during this coronavirus pandemic.

I’ve been so moved by the wonderfully selfless work being done by so many to help others get through this unprecedented situation – especially the world’s health workers risking their own lives to save ours.

And it’s been great to see people in other industries like entertainment being creative and thoughtful in trying to rally people’s spirits as millions of people sit at home worrying.

But sadly, I’ve also been repulsed by some of the outrageous, offensive and occasionally downright obscene conduct of a minority of people who have tried to exploit the crisis for personal gain, arrogantly ignored warnings to save lives, or brought a whole new meaning to tone-deafness.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-far.html

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Piers Morgan? Oh well . . . even a dumb squirrel . . .
Bono always means well, but he came out of the traps with what many saw as indecent speed to release a ballad for the people of Italy entitled ‘Let Your Love Be Known’ and urged Italians to ‘sing it from the rooftops.’ As one critic responded acidly: ‘Haven’t they suffered enough?’
:lol:

And what is that brown blimp next to Taylor eh?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

More than a few of those are stupid sour grapes
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Maybe, but that Madonna one was pretty much intolerable.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

She is trying so hard to remain relevant. It's pretty sad to watch.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

When did Madonna become Chinese?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm
When did Madonna become Chinese?
It's contagious. She got it from the Takeout dinesty.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

That would explain the rose petal salad that she barfed up in the tub.

Gob

Post by Gob »

A faith healer who sold £91 "plague protection kits" claiming they could shield people from Covid-19 is being investigated by the charity watchdog.

Bishop Climate Wiseman of the Kingdom Church in Camberwell, London, claimed a bottle of oil and some red yarn would protect his followers from the virus.

In a blog, he wrote "it is by faith you can be saved from the virus".

He said his church was not telling people to ignore government advice, adding his message was from the Bible.

"I'm a Christian and there is a way that the Bible says to protect us from plagues," he said.

"I have not told anybody to get out of your house, go anywhere or whatever."

His blog said people would be protected "by covering yourself with the divine plague protection oil and wearing the scarlet yarn on your body.

"That is why I want to encourage you, if you haven't done so already, to get your divine plague protection kit today!"

Mr Wiseman told the PA news agency the church, which is a registered charity, had sold more than 1,000 of the kits, which were originally priced at £91.

He has previously insisted the church was not selling the kits, and that the price tag was only to cover the cost of the ingredients, yarn and postage and packaging.

The website link to buy them has since been deactivated following criticism from Southwark Council.

The Charity Commission, which regulates charities in England and Wales, said: "We are looking into the serious concern about Kingdom Church GB's alleged sale of false Covid-19 protection devices, as a matter of urgency."

The plague protection kit is one of many anointing oils offered by Mr Wiseman for a range of problems, including oil for peace, unlimited success oil and anointing oil for good marriages.

On the Kingdom Church's website, it claims thousands of people have been healed from "all sorts" of sicknesses and disease since it was founded in 2005.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Bishop Climate Wiseman
Well, if you're dumb enough to buy something from a guy who goes by the name "Climate Wiseman" you pretty much deserve what you get...

I love his defense. It amounts to:

"I'm not telling people it's ok to go out and violate the shelter or social distance rules, I'm just selling them something harmless and useless"
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

For me that's no different than looting. I'm normally against the death penalty but I'm willing to make exceptions. We don't have time for this shit.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Reminds me of Creflo Dollar

The name gives it all away

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

... the church, which is a registered charity, had sold more than 1,000 of the kits, which were originally priced at £91.
(and)
The plague protection kit is one of many anointing oils offered by Mr Wiseman for a range of problems, including oil for peace, unlimited success oil and anointing oil for good marriages.
I wonder if he also has a side business in scented aromatherapy oils and erotic, stimulating massage oils ... although that might be what the article was hinting at with the 'oil for peace' and the 'anointing oil for good marriages'.

And if can get the suckers to pay £91 (US $110) a pop for this stuff, he can afford to have the Mazola people deliver it by the tanker-truck load; whatever is surplus can be sold to the local restaurants for use in their salads
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

A 'covidiot' who wandered around his local hospital to see the impact of coronavirus and posted about his visit on Facebook has been jailed for three months.

Kierran Stevenson, 32, was captured on CCTV at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire after posting on social media that he was going to go walk around the hospital to see the extent of the coronavirus pandemic for himself.

He posted photos on Facebook of himself at the hospital on March 30 and images of hospital corridors, and commented that staff were not taking safety measures seriously.

Stevenson, from Aylesbury, Bucks was arrested and charged with one count of causing a public nuisance and one count of contravening the requirement as to the restriction of movement during the Coronavirus emergency period.

Thames Valley Police say he posted on social media saying he had attended numerous parts of the hospital without a medical need to do so when it is treating COVID-19 patients, and is closed to visitors and those with non-urgent appointments.

A spokesman said: 'His actions within the hospital, and in not complying with the government restrictions, caused considerable distress and disruption to hospital staff and members of the public.'

He appeared at Oxford Magistrates Court on Thursday where he pleaded guilty to both charges, and has been sentenced to 12 weeks imprisonment.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Instagram influencers are facing a bitter backlash after using face masks as bikinis, known as 'quarankinis', as part of a shocking new trend that is sweeping social media amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Many people have been stocking up on face masks to keep germs at bay as millions of people across the world are now self-isolating due to coronavirus - with many medical workers around the globe left without essential protective equipment as a result.

However, while so many healthcare workers beg others to leave medical masks for those who really need them most, a group of 'covidiot' influencers have been carelessly turning them into a 'must-have' selfie accessory which they then proudly flaunt for their followers.

Several influencers have posted pictures of themselves using face masks as bikinis, a trend that has been dubbed the 'quarankini'.

The bizarre online trend comes after the World Health Organization asked healthy people not to wear face masks because there is little evidence they help and they would be better used by healthcare workers and patients who test positive for COVID-19.

However, the agency is said to be reconsidering that advice, according to a former infectious disease director at the organization.

On Wednesday, LA's mayor told all four million of the city's residents that they must wear masks at all times to slow the spread of the coronavirus, despite contrary advice from their governor.

But whether or not people choose to wear the medical masks - which are in very short supply around the world - as a method of slowing the spread of COVID-19, there is no question that turning the much-needed medical equipment into a bikini is senseless.

That hasn't stopped the trend from taking off online however, with several online stars showing off their take on the 'quarankini' - infuriating Instagram users in the process.

Russian influencer Yulia Ushakova shared an image of herself wearing two masks with filters as a bikini top, while she had fashioned a more traditional string mask - those so often used by doctors - into a skimpy bottom.

And while the picture racked up more than 10,000 likes, it was also met with horror from some who voiced their upset at the wasteful use of such precious medical equipment.

'There aren’t enough masks in the country, but here it is...' one person commented.

Another added: 'Yulia. This is blasphemy! It’s better to give masks to your grandmothers.'