Dedication's what you need...

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

Post by Gob »

It was intended as a romantic gesture to mark his girlfriend's 30th birthday... but ended as an engrave error of judgment.

Daniel Varey's mistake in ordering an inscription left Hayley Woodward receiving a gin glass with the message 'Can we have it delivered before Monday if possible as that's her 30th. Nice one.'

Mr Varey, 28, had wanted it to say: 'Happy 30th birthday princess. Love you millions.'

But when placing the order online, he mixed up the inscription box with the message for the delivery driver. However, the couple saw the funny side.

Mr Varey, from Denton, Greater Manchester, said: 'I was aiming to make Hayley's birthday as special as I could for her so I bought her loads of gifts, booked a holiday for February 2021 (fingers crossed it happens).

'The gin glass 100 per cent cheered her up, she couldn't stop laughing.

'When I was putting the order through for the glass, it came up with a section saying 'note for the glass' and additional notes for the business - I got them back to front.

'I had a feeling that I did something wrong because I'm so dopey and I literally rushed the order as Hayley was sat next to me so had to do it secretly.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Re: Dedication's what you need...

Post by Big RR »

Gin glass. Is that the glass that gin is properly sipped from? Of course I would save the quinine used in Tonic for the cheeto in chief.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I never knew. :D

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

The choices are enough to make you rummy.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

It is mix ups like this that make a special moment the most memorable.

I bet that glass gets handed down as an heirloom.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s hard to grasp the lack of common sense at the glassware etching company that they couldn’t deduce the error.

Which makes stories like this seem hinky/staged.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

A woman hoping to impress her new boyfriend with a personalised pillow printed with a photo of her face was left in hysterics over the distorted result.

Amy Compton, 21, who lives in Romford, London, struggled to find her new boyfriend Harry Hilton, 28, a present for his birthday, so when he told her to surprise him, she decided to have a pillow made printed with a photo of her face.

However the joke backfired when the gift arrived with her hair cropped out of the photo and her face blown up out of proportion, as friends began comparing it to an 'egg' and a 'bald baked potato'.

Photos show the cushion zoomed in on Amy's face with almost all of her hair cropped away, creating the illusion that she's bald.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”