Who can tell what is fiction these days...

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

Who can tell what is fiction these days...

Post by Gob »

As thousands throughout the world continue to take to the streets to protest police brutality, anti-police sentiment has already led to the cancellation of long-running law-enforcement reality TV shows “Cops” and “Live P.D.”.

Another police-themed television show is also getting hit with backlash, and it’s an unlikely one: “Paw Patrol”, the adorable animated series about a team of canine public servants, led by a German Shepherd police dog named Chase.

On June 2, the “Paw Patrol” Twitter account issued a tweet declaring the children’s show would “be muting our content until June 7th to give access for Black voices to be heard so we can continue to listen and further our learning.”

However, a tweet linking to an article in comedy-news site The Onion muddied the waters, with some not realizing the story about a “Paw Patrol” writer defending an episode in which the “German Shepherd cop shoots unarmed black lab 17 times in back” was clearly a joke.

As a result, #PawPatrol began trending on Twitter, as some called for the show’s cancellation, othersdefended its positive mess, and still others simply mocked the whole controversy.

Meanwhile, an op-ed in the New York Times takes the position that “Paw Patrol” can be seen as problematic, as it promotes the “good cop” archetype to children at a time when social media is bursting at the seams with video footage of police brutalizing unarmed, peaceful protesters.

“Cops can dance, they can hug, they can kneel on the ground, but their individual acts of kindness can no longer obscure the violence of a system,” the op-ed notes, adding, “The good-cop act is wearing thin.”

https://etcanada.com/news/655753/paw-pa ... _o-gIG6gWc
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Re: Who can tell what is fiction these days...

Post by TPFKA@W »

Yep and the messages will be lost in the madness. We will not come out ahead and no one whose mind is firmly shut will not be opened. I see a lot of fraud in the presence of change. Does anyone really think that NASCAR dropping the Stars and Bars like a hot potato has anything to do with black people's feelings. Fuck no it does not. It is about how they might profit in the future since they were already losing ground with their target redneck audience. They are hoping that this essentially empty move will fill the seats with a black audience. Of course those blacks smart enough to see through the guise won't be watching anyway but... (I hate NASCAR and all racing and hope this kills it dead.)

dales

Post by dales »

Anyone here remember McGruff the crime dog?

Take a bite out of crime.

Prolly be considered "hate speech" now.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It makes absolutely no sense for Live PD to be cancelled. They weren't harassing minorities on the show. I bet it will return. It was one of the few very good shows on TV, in my opinion. Much better than "Cops". I remember years ago that Cops was cancelled but it was brought back by popular demand. The same thing is likely to happen with Live PD.