My Hoe is banned

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

My Hoe is banned

Post by Gob »

Facebook has apologised after removing posts from people in Plymouth containing the words 'The Hoe'.

The name for the famous Plymouth public space was deemed 'inappropriate', according to Facebook's algorithms.

Many posts containing 'Hoe' or 'The Hoe' when referring to Plymouth's seafront landmark were removed by the social media giant.

Some users claimed they were even given a 24-hour ban from writing the area name in posts.

It is understood the word is marked as inappropriate and is removed automatically if reported or flagged up.

However, Facebook has said while it is aware that some posts with Plymouth Hoe in have been removed, it is not aware of any users who have been banned.

The social media platform has now said it will "take steps to rectify the error" to ensure it does not happen again.

An admin from the Don't Dump It Facebook page previously warned users to be careful when writing about the area that is home to Smeaton's Tower.

"Hi all just a quick post to say anyone living plymouth h o e, please don’t write it as one word," it reads.

"Facebook are saying it’s harassment and muting people and giving them a Facebook ban. It’s not us doing that."

Famously, The Beatles were photographed sitting on the Plymouth Hoe in 1967.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... uM9pi4IiBI
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Re: My Hoe is banned

Post by Long Run »

Hoe should gardeners talk about their tool?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:52 pm
There was nothing wrong with that answer.
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

IMO an "immoral pleasure-seeker" would be a rake; a hoe would be an "immoral pleasure-giver".
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

When the kids were over from Australia we took them to see the Mayflower Steps on Plymouth Hoe, as B2 (Hatch's partner,) is American.
UK (184).jpg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

liberty

Post by liberty »

I had two hoes, I wore one out, so I threw the hoe away. Every man should have at least one hoe.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.