Guide guide dog...

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

Guide guide dog...

Post by Gob »

Sweet tale :)

A blind man and his dog, which has also lost its sight, are both being helped by a new guide dog.

Graham Waspe of Stowmarket in Suffolk, was helped by guide dog Edward for several years until the Labrador had to have his eyes removed due to cataracts.

Edward, who is otherwise healthy, still lives with Mr Waspe as a pet and is led around by his successor, Opal.

"They've become quite good friends and I think Edward is happier for having another dog around," Mr Waspe said.

The 60-year-old, who lost one eye and has limited vision in the other, said Edward has coped amazingly well with his loss of sight, partly due to his awareness of "left" and "right" commands from his guide dog training.

He said he found it "very very traumatic" that Edward would not understand what had happened following the surgery to remove his eyes.

The cataracts he had developed were inoperable.
"Mr Waspe" snruurtt... I bet he pronounces it Mr Winscale...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Re: Guide guide dog...

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:Sweet tale

was helped by guide dog Edward for several years until the Labrador had to have his eyes removed due to cataracts.
Those are some mean Toms running around Suffolk then?

BoSoxGal

Re: Guide guide dog...

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol:

Sweet story - thanks for sharing!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan