An Irishman's take on Caitlyn Jenner....

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Joe Guy

An Irishman's take on Caitlyn Jenner....

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W

Re: An Irishman's take on Caitlyn Jenner....

Post by TPFKA@W »

Only understood 1/4 of what he said. But I bet he was funny/inflammatory.

Gob

Post by Gob »

OFFS! I was in stiches...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I found much of my troubles understanding the various regional dialects of Great Britain on their many wonderful tv shows (I did laugh at the one session of Touch of Cloth--the next time it was just boring) was cured when I bought and began wearing hearing aids. Seems I had lots of trouble understanding the initial or final consonant of many words until I got a boost from Swiss technology.

I suspect there is a significant fraction of those who hang out here could use such a boost, not just new reading glasses, as our age progresses.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

HIs persona is Sir Stevo Timothy - and he is apparently nothing like his act. One of his stories:

Husband:
My wife is missing.
She went out yesterday and has not come home...
Sergeant at Garda [Irish National Police] Station:
What is her height?
Husband:
Ara jaysus, I'm not sure. About 5 or 6 feet.
Sergeant:
Weight?
Husband:
Don't know. Not slim, not really fat. Middling.
Sergeant:
Colour of eyes?
Husband:
Sort of browny bluey green I think. Never really noticed.
Sergeant:
Colour of hair?
Husband:
Changes a couple times a year.
Maybe dark brown now.
I can’t remember.
Sergeant:
What was she wearing?
Husband:
Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.
Sergeant:
What kind of car did she go in?
Husband:
She went in my BMW
Sergeant:
What kind of BMW was it?
Husband: (sobbing)
BMW F82 M4 550bhp
Ambient Lighting pack, Front and outer rear heated seats, Valcona leather - Lunar silver + super sport seats, 3 spoke heated sports leather multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift, LED Matrix headlights with high beam assist, Pearlescent paint, BMW drive select, BMW parking system plus with front and rear sensors, Audible and visual fasten seat belt warning - front and rear, Cruise control, Driver's information system, MMI SD card Navigation, Mobile telephone preparation, PAS, Service interval indicator, 3 point seatbelts on all seats, ABS-EBD, ASR traction control, Curtain airbags, Driver and passenger airbags, Driver-front passenger side airbags, Electromechanical parking brake, Electronic stability control, Front passenger airbag deactivation, Hill hold assist, Tyre pressure monitoring system, Warning triangle and first aid kit, Anti theft alarm, Anti-theft wheel bolts, Immobiliser, Keyless Start, Remote central locking, BNW music interface, Auxiliary input socket, DAB digital radio module, MMI Radio plus with CD player and bluetooth interface, SD card slot, USB connection, 12V power in rear centre console, 4 way electric lumbar support, 4 zone climate control, Aluminium door sill trims, Black cloth headlining, Double cargo floor, Electric front seats + driver memory, Front centre armrest, Front head restraints, Front-rear floor mats, Height adjustable front seats, Isofix front passenger and rear seat preparation, Jack and tool kit, Load lashing points, Luggage compartment cover, Luggage rails, Perforated leather gearknob, Rear headrests, Split folding rear seat, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers, Body coloured bumpers, Body coloured door mirrors and handles, Body coloured roof spoiler, Door sill trims with S line logo, Electric front-rear windows, Headlight washers, High gloss black door mirrors, High gloss black finish B pillar, High gloss black triangular aperture at rear door, LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, Light sensor, Platinum grey front lip spoiler, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Rain sensor, Rear wiper, Alcantara door trim, Piano black finish inlay, Space saver spare wheel, Black Styling pack, Non smoking PACK.
(At this point, the sobbing has turned into a full cry.)
Sergeant:
Don't worry Michael. We'll find your BMW

Edited to correct: Stevo Timothy is his real name; his bigot character is Farmer Michael.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Burning Petard wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:14 pm
I found much of my troubles understanding the various regional dialects of Great Britain on their many wonderful tv shows (I did laugh at the one session of Touch of Cloth--the next time it was just boring) was cured when I bought and began wearing hearing aids. Seems I had lots of trouble understanding the initial or final consonant of many words until I got a boost from Swiss technology.

I suspect there is a significant fraction of those who hang out here could use such a boost, not just new reading glasses, as our age progresses.

snailgate
I watch my UK shows with the closed captioning on - actually all my shows these days. It’s helpful for catching dialogue that is obscured by brogues and mumbling, too.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan