It isn't hilarious that it happened but

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
TPFKA@W

It isn't hilarious that it happened but

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter

Re: It isn't hilarious that it happened but

Post by Scooter »

It's as if someone sat down and said, "hey, let's send a bunch of little Black children into the cotton fields and have them re-enact the old days of slavery." And thought that it was a good idea.

"We were all singing songs and shit." I get this image of someone leading them in Negro spirituals about escaping from Egypt and heading to the Promised Land.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you Joe Guy. This performance above presents, for me, the essential question which traditional Christianity brings to thinking humans today.

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen, nobody knows but Jesus. And Jesus is not doing anything to change my situation. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah.

Not a new controversy. One answer is "Pie in the sky in the sweet bye and bye, when you die." That was not the answer which Jesus offered himself. He said the kingdom is all around you now. The question is as old as the bible. Some scholars think the oldest book is Job. If you exclude chapter 42:10ff, for which again there is a consensus among scholars that it is an add-on by later priestly editors to make the story more acceptable--then you are left with the same question presented in this song.

The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

snailgate.