Corpus hilarious

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
BoSoxGal

Corpus hilarious

Post by BoSoxGal »

This article set a fun tone for my day!

Police swarm home of mortified mom who left her ‘corpse’ outside

By Ben Cost
The hazards of not properly disposing of a fake body.

A UK woman was mortified after an errantly placed Halloween prop prompted a squad of 10 police officers to surround her home on the suspicion that she’d committed murder.

“I arrived home from the school run to see two police cars driving away from outside my house,” Bedfordshire’s Cara Louise, 28, told Triangle News of her near-arrest.

The fiasco was sparked by a dummy wrapped in garbage bags and duct tape that the mother of two had used as a spooky decoration at a holiday kids’ party.

“My 5-year-old boy is really into dressing up for every occasion so we did the inside up with a circus theme and he dressed as It,” said Louise. “So the prop in the garden was part of our theme.”

Louise had kept the faux cadaver in the garden since November. However, the hairdresser had recently relocated the holiday holdover behind some garbage bins while gardening and forgot to put it back before picking up her elder son from school.

Go figure: The macabre prop sparked suspicion among Louise’s neighbors, who dialed the UK emergency number, 999, prompting a whopping 10 officers to descend upon the unsuspecting mother’s home.

The “body bag” was a holdover from a Halloween display in November.
Triangle News

Louise was aghast after arriving home to see that her house had become a crime scene. “I get out of the car to my neighbor standing there in which I ask jokingly, ‘What have you done?’ ” said the mortified mom. “Then I was told they [the cops] were all at my house as three people had called in to report a dead body.”

A Bedfordshire police spokesman later told the Daily Mail that they’d “received reports of what was believed to be a body bag in Houghton Regis.”

Thankfully, Louise was able to explain to the cops that she had, in fact, “not killed anyone,” she said.

Cara Louise’s 5-year-old son had dressed as Pennywise from “It” for the party.
Triangle News

All the while, her “5-year-old stood telling them how much he loves Halloween and we can’t get rid of the body because he loves it,” recalled the mom, adding that she promised to put the fake stiff “away in a secure place.”

Needless to say, both the cops and the neighbors saw the funny side of the situation, according to Louise.

She did recall asking the police how they could think the prop was a person with “legs that short.”

“You might have cut them,” was the police’s reported reply. “I said, ‘Oh, did you check my bins?’ she recounted, adding that “they looked a bit concerned and asked, ‘Should we?’ “

The flustered mother told them that “she was asked to chop it up and get rid of it” but had ultimately decided to “put him in the shed with the others until next Halloween.”

The gross misunderstanding made waves on social media, with one commenter quipping, “neighbors obviously thought you were capable of murder and dobbed you in,” using a slang term meaning turning in someone suspected of wrongdoing. “I wouldn’t speak to them anymore.”

“Did they actually check to ensure it wasn’t a body? Or was this the perfect crime?” joked another.

While Louise certainly saw the humor in the situation, she said she “has a tip for all parents who go all out at Halloween.”

“Dispose of props or put them away safely,” she warned.

This isn’t the first time the cops have been called over graphic Halloween decor. A Texas man prompted multiple police visits after erecting a series of bloody holiday displays straight out of “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.”
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Re: Corpus hilarious

Post by Crackpot »

Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's easy to laugh and say they were over-reacting...  that if they'd stopped and thought clearly for a minute or so, they wouldn't have gone off half-cocked.

And then you read an article like this one:
Baltimore Aunt Drove Car for a Year With Kids Stuffed in Trunk

For about a year, a Baltimore woman allegedly drove a car with a gruesome secret:  the dead body of her 7-year-old niece stashed in a suitcase in the trunk.  Then, in May, she allegedly cracked the trunk’s lid to dump the body of her 5-year-old nephew beside it.

It wasn’t until months later that police discovered the decomposing bodies of siblings Joshlyn Marie James Johnson and Larry Darnell O’Neal.

Baltimore County Police said in a statement Thursday night that they were grieving over the “unspeakable deaths” after discovering the kids’ bodies when they pulled 33-year-old Nicole Johnson over in a traffic stop late Wednesday.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/baltimore ... e?ref=home
and all of a sudden it ain't so far-fetched after all.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I read that one too, about the aunt with two dead bodies in the trunk. A big question for me was "Where were the parents of these two kids who have been dead for months?"

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

From the story, it looks like the mother (no mention of father so I doubt he is in the picture) left the kids with the aunt. It wouldn't surprise me if she just disappeared and is out of the picture as well. This happens (usually drugs are involved) and the kids are the ones who always suffer