Xmas funny

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Gob

Xmas funny

Post by Gob »

269713902_3175813919313531_1613641658783001275_n.jpg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Burning Petard

Re: Xmas funny

Post by Burning Petard »

Well, I like it even if I don't know who is in dialogue with Bing.

It is amazing that this year as in many holiday seasons past, I heard several interviews with 'famous personalities' that include the question: what is your least favorite Christmas song? And the answer is always 'the little drummer boy.'

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

That's David Bowie — yeah, THAT David Bowie, when he was actively trying to distance himself from his "Ziggy Stardust" persona and 'normalize' his career.   Back in September 1977 he and Bing taped a duet — a version of "The Little Drummer Boy" with a counterpoint melody entitled "Peace on Earth" and written specifically for this — for inclusion on a holiday TV special.   And it was surprisingly good, as the below clip shows.   It does include about two minutes of dialogue between the two before they started singing; jump to the 1:45 mark if you want to skip it.

Incidentally. this is probably one of the last recordings of Bing, as he died about a month later on October 14th, 1977.  The show itself aired on November 30th of that year.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

For some reason I cannot recall, I detest The Little Drummer Boy (I think it is because one year when I was very young I was forced to sing it in church when I didn't want to sing; it's a very distant memory, so I was likely 3 or 4), but I love this version.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:ok
Big RR wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:49 pm
For some reason I cannot recall, I detest The Little Drummer Boy (I think it is because one year when I was very young I was forced to sing it in church when I didn't want to sing; it's a very distant memory, so I was likely 3 or 4), but I love this version.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Mrs Mc's brother and his wife gave our younger son a cheap toy drum for Christmas when he was 2-1/2. He beat that thing to death, (ugh) but took it to heart. At 35-1/2, he is the percussionist in the church praise band. His nine year old daughter has a very nice mini drum kit, and will probably follow in his footsteps. They have a fairly soundproof room in their basement for practicing.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.