The truth and nothing but the truth.

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Burning Petard

The truth and nothing but the truth.

Post by Burning Petard »

I buy lots of stuff from Amazon. I nearly always read the reviews before I buy. Typically I ignore the 5 star, think they are probably just hype, even could be posted by a representative of the seller. I pay attention to the 1,2 and 3 star, thinking they are probably going to tell me something actually about the product.

So I had flies in my apartment. Driving me crazy; I killed three in one afternoon in my kitchen. I banged my knuckles against something while using the fly swatter to great affect. I thought I would move to a more passive tactic and ordered flypaper from Amazon. It came and I wrote a 5-Star review. I got the usual about the review would be reviewed by Amazon and if it met their community standards, I would get e-mail telling me it was posted.

It is posted. So far nobody has marked it as helpful. I quote the last paragraph in its entirety: But it is amazingly effective. The package arrived in good order and quickly from Amazon, I removed the shipping packaging and placed the box in the kitchen junk drawer. Since then I have not seen any flies at all.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Re: The truth and nothing but the truth.

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan