And What Are YOU Wearing for Halloween This Year?

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

And What Are YOU Wearing for Halloween This Year?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: And What Are YOU Wearing for Halloween This Year?

Post by Econoline »

Took me a minute but... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Me, I am puzzled why any adult who is not Wiccan or a parent of small children, does anything beyond the porch light and a batch of candy.

But it is cute, This week I saw a road kill at the major interchange between Delaware Rt One and I-95 so it would not surprise me if it was a problem inside the city limits of Philly.

snailgate.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:43 pm
Me, I am puzzled why any adult who is not Wiccan or a parent of small children, does anything beyond the porch light and a batch of candy.
The same reason adults who are not Irish, Mexican, or German celebrate things like St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, or Oktoberfest, or non-sports fans still gather for Super Bowl viewing parties.   And I can sum it up in one word.
ALCOHOL.
It's one more quasi-legitimate reason to get drunk in public.

Although if you're talking about the over-the-top decorations and light shows that are currently infesting front yards across America, I think that is just the natural male inclination to show that "mine's bigger than yours".  And what better way to do it than putting on a light-lazer-and-sound show that can be seen from the ISS?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The better half and I discussed this the other day and tentatively decided that the houses we see plastered with skeletons, white sheets, pumpkins, witches and so on . . . must belong to people with children. Or perhaps people with sub-standard mentation, such as Trump supporters and other kinds of Walmart shoppers.

One of the benefits of a 2nd floor apartment (1st floor to fellow Brits) is that the little rug-rats can't get in through the locked doors downstairs. I guess they could ring the door-bell but see what good that'll do 'em (none).

Hah Bumhug
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

It has become more and more of a thing to dress up, and it is common to see people at retail jobs dressed in costume during the entire month. It is also more common to see houses decked out early in the month. As for Halloween itself, one of the trends we see is that kids trick or treat in just a few neighborhoods. So, my friend who lives in one of these popular neighborhoods dutifully buys about 1,000 pieces of candy, gives them out until gone, then turns out the lights; but he has neighbors that buy significantly more and keep the party going well after 9 p.m. Meantime, a couple of miles away where I live, kids leave our perfectly nice neighborhood to go to the popular neighborhood with many hundreds (thousands even) of other kids. We might see our next door neighbor before they head over to the popular place, but that would be the only goblin we will see all night. We buy a couple of bags of candy just in case an errant kid finds his way to our street; but there are always plenty of leftover pieces of candy that end up in the kitchen at work for whoever wants to ignore their diet.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There is a house in my city that does really big time decorations and they invite people to bring their kids to see it all month long. They also collect donations of canned and boxed/bagged non perishable foods and hygiene items for local food bank and shelter which is a very nice sideline.

I haven’t had trick or treaters at my house in many years, even in small town Montana. Lots of communities have community parties these days to provide a safer alternative to door to door which I think is kind of sad. Trick or treating as a child in my small town neighborhood was so much fun and also good scary!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

So glad Halloween isn't a thing here. Or at least wasn't a thing, but is now gaining traction.

This is the night when the gateway between

our world and the spirit world is thinnest.

Tonight is a night to call out those who came before.

Tonight I honor my ancestors.

Spirits of my fathers and mothers, I call to you,

and welcome you to join me for this night.

You watch over me always,

protecting and guiding me,

and tonight I thank you.

Your blood runs in my veins,

your spirit is in my heart,

your memories are in my soul.

With the gift of remembrance.

I remember all of you.

You are dead but never forgotten,

and you live on within me,

and within those who are yet to come.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

liberty

Post by liberty »

Gob wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:07 am
So glad Halloween isn't a thing here. Or at least wasn't a thing, but is now gaining traction.

This is the night when the gateway between

our world and the spirit world is thinnest.

Tonight is a night to call out those who came before.

Tonight I honor my ancestors.

Spirits of my fathers and mothers, I call to you,

and welcome you to join me for this night.

You watch over me always,

protecting and guiding me,

and tonight I thank you.

Your blood runs in my veins,

your spirit is in my heart,

your memories are in my soul.

With the gift of remembrance.

I remember all of you.

You are dead but never forgotten,

and you live on within me,

and within those who are yet to come.
If you don't bring back human sacrifice, there is nothing wrong with the resurgence of Halloween in Britain. Assuming that the Celts did sacrifice humans, it could be that the Romans were using self-serving propaganda. They tended to feel superior to everyone, and I suspect not above feeding their bigotry.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

If you don't bring back human sacrifice, there is nothing wrong with the resurgence of Halloween in Britain. Assuming that the Celts did sacrifice humans, it could be that the Romans were using self-serving propaganda. They tended to feel superior to everyone, and I suspect not above feeding their bigotry.

"Are you in, coherent?"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts