A Hardy Laurel Dance...

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Joe Guy

A Hardy Laurel Dance...

Post by Joe Guy »

Burning Petard

Re: A Hardy Laurel Dance...

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you Mr. Guy. I enjoyed that enormously. It was a moment of joy at a time when it has been difficult for me to find much of that. I was surprised that Ollie was wearing patched blue jeans. Had to go to wikipedia to discover Ollie was purely American. I just assumed they were a transplanted English music hall act, imported to Hollywood. As I understand Wikipedia, they did appear successfully on the English music hall circuit AFTER WWII and their stardom in American films.

But still, patched, too long, levis? I suppose so for a western. I certainly enjoyed watching this dance better than I like watching Michael.

snailgate.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Of that tour in the UK, despite playing a bit fast and loose with some of the facts, the 2018 movie Stan & Ollie is worth watching for two excellent performances by Coogan and Reilly. Wikipedia she say:
Starting in October 1953, Laurel and Hardy spent eight months on tour. On arriving at Cobh in Ireland on 9 September 1953 and disembarking from the SS America they were given a warm welcome, and this is recreated in the final scene of the film.[5] Following their opening night at the Palace Theatre, Plymouth on 17 May 1954, Hardy had a mild heart attack. Hardy stayed at the Grand Hotel in Plymouth while recovering.[6] The pair sailed back to the United States on 2 June. The remainder of the tour was cancelled, and Laurel and Hardy never performed together on stage again
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I agree Meade; a film worth the watch, unlike many biopics. It had its problems, but I enjoyed seeing the travails of the pair at the end of their career.