Those Coffee Sizes Are Getting Larger....

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
Joe Guy

Those Coffee Sizes Are Getting Larger....

Post by Joe Guy »

And I thought the Starbucks 'Trenta' (31 oz) was big...

Large Coffee.jpg

Burning Petard

Re: Those Coffee Sizes Are Getting Larger....

Post by Burning Petard »

Nah. I am a coffee drinker. Nearly all my liquid intake is in the form of coffee. I'll pass on this one. It was a difficult choice, but I will stick with the refillable cup. This one, I think, would be too cold by the time I got to the bottom third.

I also think I would avoid any women drinking this one. She must have arms like Popeye. I leave as an exercise for the reader to calculate the total weight and heat radiated by such a container when full of drinkable coffee.

snailgate.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That looks roughly the size of a 55 gallon drum, so I would give a guess of 50 gallons volume (due to the taper); at about 8 lbs per gallon for water (coffee might be a little more) I would estimate the weight, exclusive of the cup (which would also have t be substantial to hold the liquid), it gves a weight of 400 lbs (maybe a little less if some of that was milk or cream, a little more if sugar was added). Not many, men or women, could lift that much, especially without some sort of handle. And you would need to take your passenger seat out for a cup holder. Not to mention how long it would take to grind and brew that much coffee. The largest urns I have ever seen were 5 gallons in a restaurant I worked in, but even if there were 10 gallon urns, the time would be substantial and the outlay for the urns significant. I'll stick with a refillable cup as well, which I keep filled for much of the day.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

When I just typed Stanley Cup into the interwebs search engine I got dozens and dozens of links and only two of them, nowhere near the top of the results, had anything to do with the oldest and most venerated sports trophy in North America.

If I had money to burn I’d send you a hammertone green Stanley cup snailgate - but I don’t so I won’t. It *would* be a nice vessel in which to keep your pot of coffee warm for hours, adulterated just as you like.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan