I have a Challenger

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Jarlaxle

Re: I have a Challenger

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 am
I was having trouble understanding this conversation until Mr Google helped me to uncover the fact that Mopar is 'Parts, service and customer care organization within Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.' I've had two Fiats (both 127s) and a Hillman Hunter (Hillman is was UK Chrysler, now part of Peugeot) but never a Chrysler vehicle.

I like learning new stuff and I do a lot of that here.
Mopar (originally Motor Parts, Chrysler's part division) has been around since before WW2...one of Chrysler's drag cars in the early 70s was the Mopar Missile.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:34 am
Black 2013 SRT8 Core, 6-speed. Rip-roaring 6.4 litre engine.

Still managed 23MPG driving it home from North Carolina, though. Pretty good for a 4100lb car with 480HP.
My friend has a 2018. The dealer said the fuel pumps are on back order according to Dodge. The dealer did put an aftermarket pump in the tank when they replaced it.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Darren wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:18 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Black 2013 SRT8 Core, 6-speed. Rip-roaring 6.4 litre engine.

Still managed 23MPG driving it home from North Carolina, though. Pretty good for a 4100lb car with 480HP.
My friend has a 2018. The dealer said the fuel pumps are on back order according to Dodge. The dealer did put an aftermarket pump in the tank when they replaced it.
Unless and until you can read and understand what I have posted, please stop posting in this thread.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

There is a difference between backorder and "is not available"
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Crackpot wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 pm
You'll have to be content with the fact that until Dodge receives the part, they are out of stock. Feel free to call your local Dodge dealer and check. Do you want the MOPAR part number?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Also known as Chrysler does not want to pay their markup plus the third party markup for a part they produce.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Darren wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:19 am
Crackpot wrote:
You'll have to be content with the fact that until Dodge receives the part, they are out of stock. Feel free to call your local Dodge dealer and check. Do you want the MOPAR part number?
Or you could, you know, order it from the site that DOES have it in stock! Why the hell would I pay dealer prices...for ANYTHING?

dales

Post by dales »

Oh joy another "boy racer" on the road putting all of us in danger while acting the fool.

Wouldn't be caught dead in any MOPAR POS.

Low build quality.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

dales wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:36 pm
Oh joy another "boy racer" on the road putting all of us in danger while acting the fool.

Wouldn't be caught dead in any MOPAR POS.

Low build quality.
If I wanted your opinion, I would read it in your entrails.

dales

Post by dales »

What a snappy rejoinder.

Jarlaxle strikes again!

The only people I see behind the wheel of these cars are "boy racers" and NASCAR throwbacks.

Enjoy!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Now THAT'S impressive.
Not that the whole car isn't.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:14 pm
Darren wrote:
Crackpot wrote:
Or you could, you know, order it from the site that DOES have it in stock! Why the hell would I pay dealer prices...for ANYTHING?
She has the dealer and only the dealer work on all three of them including, are you sitting down, oil changes!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Darren wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:14 pm
Darren wrote:

She has the dealer and only the dealer work on all three of them including, are you sitting down, oil changes!
So...she has the common sense of a goldfish on meth.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Perhaps, but some dealers have pretty competitive pricing on oil changes; clearly more than doing it yourself, but competitive with most garages and even places like Jiffy Lube.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I learned the hard way that dealers offer oil change deals so they can try to sell you repairs you don’t need.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I have no doubt about that, BSG; I've seen it at garages (and even Jiffy Lube) as well.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm
Perhaps, but some dealers have pretty competitive pricing on oil changes; clearly more than doing it yourself, but competitive with most garages and even places like Jiffy Lube.
Yes, some do-I got coupons for oil changes for less than I could do them for (usually ~$26) when I had my Magnum. But most other repairs, they're very expensive.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I used to change my own oil back when I was younger and you could buy Valvoline for maybe a buck a quart if you bought it by the case, but since even cheap oil is $3 - $4 a quart (and even more for synthetic) now and you can't pour the used oil out onto the ground in back of the tool shed to keep the weeds down anymore, it's worth it to me to pay $30 or more for an oil change if for no other reason than to let them worry about where to go with the old oil and filter.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:48 pm
I have no doubt about that, BSG; I've seen it at garages (and even Jiffy Lube) as well.
ESPECIALLY at Jiffy Lube!
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 pm
I used to change my own oil back when I was younger and you could buy Valvoline for maybe a buck a quart if you bought it by the case, but since even cheap oil is $3 - $4 a quart (and even more for synthetic) now and you can't pour the used oil out onto the ground in back of the tool shed to keep the weeds down anymore, it's worth it to me to pay $30 or more for an oil change if for no other reason than to let them worry about where to go with the old oil and filter.
-"BB"-
Mine goes into the fuel tank of my wife's Blazer...like most mechanical diesels, it will happily burn used oil.