Old motors

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

Old motors

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Old motors

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'll take the Kenworth 60-ton tow truck at the end!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Nice array. I love old cars and trucks. There is a car show almost every weekend around here and it's always cool to see the informal parade of pristinely restored as well as "driven hard for the last 50 years" vehicles going through town on the way. I have worked traffic for a couple of the events and I always see something cool.

We have a 1949 Mack Fire Engine that we break out for parades and such at our firehouse. I also saw someone driving an older Hahn truck (stripped of lights for the most part - but clearly a fire truck) and likely on its way to some local volunteer firehouse to be restored for parade service.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Thanks Gob.
The London to Brighton run is an annual event. Very cool. Some of the cars in the video were too new to be actual participants, but many were. I especially liked the steam powered one with the "fireman" stoking the boiler from the back. I wonder what it was.
For more info about the run, see: http://www.speedace.info/london_to_brighton_car_run.htm

Of course I love old cars. Especially LBCs, although any nationality are eligible. My most recent LBC is a 1961 Sunbeam Alpine that sat in a barn in western Kansas for 41 years. It was driven in. I trailered it here, and got it running on what I call "life support" Saturday after my shot. That is, I have affixed a small gas tank on the hardtop to feed the dual carburetters by gravity, and hot wired 12 volts to the coil. A probable rusty gas tank and mouse chewed wiring must be bypassed. The farmer, whose son drove it to college about ten years behind me, apparently never sold anything. There were about 25 cars in the auction. Interestingly it has a decal on the front fender from the foreign car shop I worked for during my first two years as a college student. I was very happily surprised to see it. The decal that was on my MGA was obliterated by weather many years ago.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

LBC's?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Little British Cars

Gob

Post by Gob »

Ah!! Thanks :-)

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Oh I thought it was Leyland Bus Company. I thought it was a bit weird for MGM to have a collection of double deckers there in Wichita. But there is no accounting for taste . . .

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Little British Cars
Or Little Black Cat.
I have one of those and ten of the others.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Lucas Bloody Crap? 😎

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I watched Genevieve on youtube this morning. Not a great flick, but the cars were cool, especially the pre 1904 examples. Unlike Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, they were real. Some of the footage must have been shot during an actual London to Brighton run. It appeared as though some of the "new" 1954ish cars were disguised. A Morgan, Jaguar and T-Series MG are examples. Today car makers, and others, pay big bucks to have their products shown as much as possible on TV and movies.