Tennis-ball thrower for dogs...

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Tennis-ball thrower for dogs...

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MILITARY VERSION:

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Re: Tennis-ball thrower for dogs...

Post by Burning Petard »

I had a gadget much like this for keeping my dog exercised without killing my arm. I also had a giant wrist-rocket type device that threw the ball even farther. But given the difference in weight between the tennis ball and the hand grenade, I doubt this plastic arm-extension would give much distance, even perhaps deliver the grenade just a few yards in front of the thrower.

snailgate.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Mrs Mc was given a tennis ball thrower as a door prize at one of her dog training club gatherings. I said "Oh, it's an atlatl". See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear-thrower

Unfortunately one of her dogs chewed it up before she got a chance to try it out. It has a lack of plastic in its diet, and seeks to remedy the issue every chance it gets.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

It has a lack of plastic in its diet, and seeks to remedy the issue every chance it gets.
Yes we had a cat like that with an affinity for grocery bags. Kroger bags especially were not safe with Bennet around.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

You must watch out for pets with plastic bags. They have been known to get inside them and suffocate. Unfortunately most pets can't read the "THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY" warning.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:56 pm
You must watch out for pets with plastic bags. They have been known to get inside them and suffocate. Unfortunately most pets can't read the "THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY" warning.
A shocking number of dogs suffocate every year with their heads inside empty chip bags. They go in for obvious reasons, to lick the goodness from the bag - but the bag quickly adheres to them when they try to breathe and they apparently can’t work out how to get it off before they succumb to panic and suffocation.

https://raleighncvet.com/dog-care/chip- ... cate-dogs/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan