But I'd prefer one of these....

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

But I'd prefer one of these....

Post by Gob »

A long-lost 1954 Jaguar branded one of the rarest in existence has been restored to its original glory after a painstaking process, taking almost 8,000 hours.

This unique Pininfarina-bodied 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE had been hidden away for 40 years until it was discovered and bought by Classic Motor Cars, of Shropshire.

The historic model - thought to be one of the only ones left in the world - was then shipped from the USA to Europe to undergo a major overhaul.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4qS7vNzyP

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Re: But I'd prefer one of these....

Post by BoSoxGal »

That's a beautiful car! What's up with the windshield though? Just a weird reflection, or what?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

This one for me:

1955 Mercedes 300SL. I have always adored that gullwing, and a good red interior. Its about the same vintage as my Swede, and almost as handsome 8-)
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

RayThom

But I'd prefer one of these...

Post by RayThom »

The Pininfarina-bodied 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE... BEFORE:

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto/ca ... er/804814/
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

My choice would be much more pedestrian; about 11 years ago I had a BMW Z4, a fun little roadster with a 3.1 liter 6, 5 6 speed manual transmission, and great handling. It was also one of the few coupes I could sit in comfortably as I am 6 feet tall and have a 30 inch inseam, making me sit pretty high in the car--I had problems with a lot of coupes. It was fun to drive and I only sold it when my younger daughter started to drive and I couldn't justify insuring 5 cars for a family of 4. In a couple of years, I plan to try and find the same type of car again, without a doubt the best car I have, or will ever have, owned.