Vanlife.....

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

Vanlife.....

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Re: Vanlife.....

Post by Long Run »

Trendy! Going wth "shag" carpet?

RayThom

Vanlife...

Post by RayThom »

Gob, I haven't owned a leisure van since the early '70s... a Dodge Swing Machine.

Your camper van has 135,000 miles and is 15 years old. Is £8750 ($12536) the going rate for such a well used vehicle? I feel fairly certain that you wouldn't have bought it had you not been confident about its condition, but the price seems higher than the average.

Regardless, happy motoring.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

A chartreuse microbus?

RayThom

Vanlife...

Post by RayThom »

Jarlaxle wrote:A chartreuse microbus?
Hey, good buddy, it looks like we got ourselves a convoy.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Long Run wrote:Trendy! Going wth "shag" carpet?
Probably shag everything....
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Re: Vanlife...

Post by Gob »

RayThom wrote:
Your camper van has 135,000 miles and is 15 years old. Is £8750 ($12536) the going rate for such a well used vehicle? I feel fairly certain that you wouldn't have bought it had you not been confident about its condition, but the price seems higher than the average.
It's slightly high for the model and year. I had a friend who knows a great deal about motor-homes check it out, and his verdict was that the conversion is very professional, it comes with many extras, and it's got a very sound engine and low miles. The seller had service and MOT details going back to 2008, and it's been very well cared for. The owner was a sound bloke, and was only selling as his wife is 8 months up the duff and they want to upgrade to a new one when the sprog is old enough to travel. ( We met the wife, and the pregnancy is obviously factual.)

We're treating it as a learning experience, and if we still enjoy motor-home touring after 2-4 years, will lash out £££££'s on a new one. If use it for 2 to 4 years, that works out at (in terms of purchase price,) £4,125 to £2,062 a year. That we think is a reasonable price to experiment with. Obvs an older van may have higher running, servicing and MOT costs, but that's taken as a given.

We actually paid £8250 after haggling.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Long Run wrote:Trendy! Going wth "shag" carpet?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:A chartreuse microbus?
With eleven long-haired friends of Jesus, of course....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

kristina

Post by kristina »

Can you post a pic? The ad has disappeared.

Road trip to Bath in September?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Are you going to give it a psychedelic paint job? That would be far out, man.

Gob

Post by Gob »

kristina wrote:Can you post a pic? The ad has disappeared.

Road trip to Bath in September?
That may be possible!!

The image is still there BTW, just scroll down...

Gob

Post by Gob »

Joe Guy wrote:Are you going to give it a psychedelic paint job? That would be far out, man.
Errrmmm..... No

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Camper Van Volkswagen? Really?
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

-Bathroom including cassette toilet
Good move...

Those 8-track toilets are a real pain...
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Hm. My wife and I are thinking of visiting England later this year, probably in September, and I was planning to ask you if we could visit. Does this mean you won't be there when we get there?

(BTW...don't worry: as long-time van-campers ourselves, we're quite familiar with the protocols of when we should Don't Bother Knockin' 8-) )
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Econoline wrote:Does this mean you won't be there when we get there?
Only if you tell him when you're arriving........ :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Econoline wrote:Hm. My wife and I are thinking of visiting England later this year, probably in September, and I was planning to ask you if we could visit. Does this mean you won't be there when we get there?

We're going to be about mate! Let us know your plans...

Hopefully by then our house will be finished!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

All I'm seeing are small circles with minus signs in them, in the middle of big empty boxes...
ImageImageImage