My turn for a car question

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I’ve got squeaky, clunky, rattling sounds coming from my 2011 Jeep Patriot (125K+). Pretty sure it’s the front bushings/sway bar. I have no time to have it looked at before next week and have to drive to VT in the interim. OK to drive, or should I get it fixed first (which will entail some fancy footwork trying to make it happen, if it’s even possible).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Jarlaxle

Re: My turn for a car question

Post by Jarlaxle »

Rent a car?

Tough to answer that without seeing the car. If it just clunks or rattles on bumps, I would be fine taking it...YMMV.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Guin, check out this vid. Does it sound like your Jeep? Many comments... none of them sound cheap to fix.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MGMcAnick

Re: My turn for a car question

Post by MGMcAnick »

Jarlaxle wrote:Rent a car?

Tough to answer that without seeing the car. If it just clunks or rattles on bumps, I would be fine taking it...YMMV.
I have to agree. Front end problems can kill you. A rental could be very cheap insurance. No point in dying just to see Vermont. Get it checked by an independent shop specializing in alignment work when you get back.

By the way, check with your agent to be sure, but my collision insurance covers me in a rental from any company I've ever rented from. The rental company's daily insurance rates are ridiculous.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

So, Guin, did your noisy clunker hold up, or did you rent one for the Vermont trip?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”