which tool is most versatile?

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Scooter

Re: which tool is most versatile?

Post by Scooter »

A Trumpanzee talking about "positive thinking". Where's my irony meter when I need it?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:A Trumpanzee talking about "positive thinking". Where's my irony meter when I need it?
You're probably better off that you can't find your meter. Irony at that high a level would fry it like bacon and eggs in a skillet.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey bill, I ve been watching something I that I think you wood like.

I believe, that if you google it, it is called, "tips from a shipwright" , a youtube channel.

the guy is from maasachusetts and he is really a master boat builder..., wooden boats.

amazing and not selfish at all with his knowledge.

and nice, he reminds me off me, but smarter.

....and I thought that I would never need trig in the construction trades....

...what a maroon I was....

his drafting skills are far beyond mine.

I should have stayed awake and not read my literature booek in geometry.....

I passed, but I never did a lick of homework...., stupid me....

anyway, I think that you will like it, and I may just build me a dinghy yet.....

...the guy will give you the plans he draws, and I can handle the building part....

I can do a squared plus b squared, and pi are squared all day long, but he is out of my league...., for now......

gary fisher

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The shipwright's name is Louis Sauzedde.
What's Gary Fisher -- who I have, incidentally, met and ridden with -- have to do with it?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

and pi are squared
Oh come on, everybody knows:

ImageImageImage

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Not in my house, where it is made in a round cast-iron skillet.

Ideally, served with cow-peas. That for me is better than a porterhouse at Morton's steakhouse.

snailgate.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Cow peas, cow pie. We need Desperate Dan!

(Forgive me - I've just regressed sixty years. I'll be better in a little while.)

wesw

Post by wesw »

well..., did you like the channel , or what, bill?

I signed off as gary fisher for my own amusement, and apparently not yours......

I currently ride a gary fisher Marlin...., best bike iever had, excepting the one 10 speed that I built and customized myself, about 30 yrs ago...., I actually saw it at the scrap yard about 5 yrs ago, but it was too far gone to save......

thieving bastards.......

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Nah, it didn't do much for me at all. While I can admire in principle the mathematics and engineering necessary to construct a wooden boat from the keel up, the end result is of little or no interest to me.

Now, if you had found some long-lost videos or articles by Frank Berto -- author of "The Dancing Chain" and a long-time technical writer for the old 'Bicycling!' magazine in its glory years -- holding forth on optimizing the gearing in a 2x6 derailleur system, or Sheldon Brown going off on anything else bicycle-related (and yes, I do have his site bookmarked!) ... now there you would have had my undivided attention.
-"BB"-

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh ok. I remember that you liked the song about "wooden ships on the water....." so I thought that you liked wood boats.

my bad.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I think you have me confused with someone else. I had to Google the lyric "wooden ships on the water" to even find out what song you were talking about.
-"BB"-

wesw

Post by wesw »

that must be it.

i seem to remember the great lakes being involved.....

maybe it was crackpot. or RR or meade.....