which tool is most versatile?

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
wesw

Re: which tool is most versatile?

Post by wesw »

I m having second thoughts....., the hammer is tied for the lead.

RayThom

Which tool is most versatile?

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:I m having second thoughts..., the hammer is tied for the lead.
And I bet it feels good when you stop hitting yourself in your 20-penny head with it.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:I m having second thoughts....., the hammer is tied for the lead.
I'm still sticking with the Trumpanzee, can't wait to see them try justifying the lie about this being the first military pay raise in ten years.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

I don t want to talk about politics, not in this thread anyway, maybe not at all.

thanks

wes

still no tv in the living room, and I think that I like it. I haven t watched the news in days. been working to get my truck project back on track and have made good progress.

1985 ford F350-4 door, and a real peach of a truck it is.....

finaly found the electrical problem that had been the bane of my existence..... so simple in the end...

the tool I want most right now is a chain fall. if I had a chainfall I could easily take my hood off and on by myself...

the come-a-long will have to do.

or ratchet straps....

we ll see.....

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:I haven t watched the news in days :cry:
You haven't watched anything approaching news in a lot longer than that. It's been at least a couple of years since you have watched anything but pablum for Trumpanzees.

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

wesw wrote:I m having second thoughts....., the hammer is tied for the lead.
Yes but wes...

If you had a hammer....

Would you hammer in the morning?

Would you hammer in the evening?

Would you hammer out love between your brothers and your sisters?

(not entirely sure how that last one is supposed to work... :? )

ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Oh, that's easy enough - use the hammer to bludgeon all the morons and haters, leaving just the decent folks to live in love and siblinghood.

:mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

]well jim, you, the guy who isn t handy at all, win.

the hammer is the most versatile of tools..., so says me.

I will be leaving again tho, as I can t even talk about tools or trucks without hatred and animosity spilling into the threads....

I ll take half the blame, but I won t continue.

"get thee behind me, satan"

thamks,

wes

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You reap what you sow, and you came to this place as if you were Moses coming down from the mountain with stone tablets engraved with the word of God, and woe to anyone who didn't fall in line to accept the wisdom you saw yourself bestowing, they were spared nothing in the way of personal attacks and baldfaced lies you told about them.

Then you found your messiah and decided that the rest of us were idiots for choosing not to follow him. Now you are clearly experiencing some buyer's remorse and don't care to have your face rubbed into the shitpile you helped create. Too fucking bad.

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:]well jim, you, the guy who isn t handy at all, win.

I will be leaving again tho, as I can t even talk about tools or trucks without hatred and animosity spilling into the threads....

thamks,

wes
Now there is something I never thought I'd see ... a Trumpanzee with a thin skin.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

liberty

Post by liberty »

wesw wrote:]well jim, you, the guy who isn t handy at all, win.

thamks,

wes
Wes, if you wanted to you could condition yourself not to care what they think. Check a book out of the library on self-hypnosis. Read the book and give it a try. It worked has worked for me. I have found it very useful over the years. However, it can’t do impossible things; it can’t give you abilities you don’t already have or repair damaged faculties, but it can allow you maximize what you do have. And one of those things is your emotions; you can desensitize yourself to the feeling and opinions of others and it can be selective.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

liberty wrote:... Wes, if you wanted to you could condition yourself not to care what they think. (Try self-hypnosis)... It worked has worked for me... it can’t do impossible things; it can’t give you abilities you don’t already have or repair damaged faculties, but it can allow you maximize what you do have. And one of those things is your emotions; you can desensitize yourself to the feeling and opinions of others and it can be selective.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

liberty wrote:Wes, if you wanted to you could condition yourself not to care what they think. Check a book out of the library on self-hypnosis. Read the book and give it a try. It worked has worked for me. I have found it very useful over the years. However, it can’t do impossible things; it can’t give you abilities you don’t already have or repair damaged faculties, but it can allow you maximize what you do have. And one of those things is your emotions; you can desensitize yourself to the feeling and opinions of others and it can be selective.
Or you could just click on "User Control Panel" (at the top of the page), then click on the "Manage Friends & Foes" tab, then the "Manage Foes" button, and add Scooters name. That would work, too, and would probably take less time... ;)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Yup! And it'll save you a trip to the library...

liberty

Post by liberty »

Econoline wrote:
liberty wrote:Wes, if you wanted to you could condition yourself not to care what they think. Check a book out of the library on self-hypnosis. Read the book and give it a try. It worked has worked for me. I have found it very useful over the years. However, it can’t do impossible things; it can’t give you abilities you don’t already have or repair damaged faculties, but it can allow you maximize what you do have. And one of those things is your emotions; you can desensitize yourself to the feeling and opinions of others and it can be selective.
Or you could just click on "User Control Panel" (at the top of the page), then click on the "Manage Friends & Foes" tab, then the "Manage Foes" button, and add Scooters name. That would work, too, and would probably take less time... ;)
What good would that do me? Would it make me any emotionally stronger or tougher? :)
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Lib, when you use self hypnosis, are you able to give yourself a trigger word that when someone else says it you'll start to cluck like a chicken?
ImageImageImage

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I think that happens whenever he sees Scooters avatar.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

What good would that do me? Would it make me any emotionally stronger or tougher?
Lib--I think so; part of being stronger is realizing that you do not have to pay attention to everything everyone else says, and ignoring people who annoy/bother you is a significant part of that. Sure, it would be better if you could do it without any software tool aid, but every bit helps.

wesw

Post by wesw »

lib must stand for liberal......

...hypnosis is for chicks, dude.

grow a set.

....now, the power of positive thinking,,,,that is a powerful thing.

...or maybe it is the same thing.

idk.