Million mile Hyundai?

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
MGMcAnick

Million mile Hyundai?

Post by MGMcAnick »

Who ever heard of such a thing? I guess it really happened. It says she's here in Kansas.

https://jalopnik.com/woman-becomes-high ... 1831217446

Edited to add the link below.
Note: This one about the high mileage Volvo was linked to the above article. It's owner has died with only 3.2 Million miles on its clock. He may have had a few more than that himself.

https://jalopnik.com/irv-gordon-the-her ... 1830495369
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Burning Petard

Re: Million mile Hyundai?

Post by Burning Petard »

Put me in the skeptic column. 200 thou per year for five years? Just don't believe it. Is it even doable with a relief driver?

On the other hand, the Volvo record has been watched for a long time, it has multiple verifications during the record.

In 1963 in Germany I did rent a Volvo P1800 and thought it was a really nice car.

snailgate.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

According to whitepages.com, the lady lives in the Kansas City KS area. If she works 5 days a week, that's an average of about 766 miles a day. That's a LOT, but not impossible. She could drive clear across the state from KC to Goodland and back at the posted 75 MPH. Of course any stops would have to be quick. I'm curious who she drives for. She must really like her job.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I drive for a courier company, and while I'm semi-retired and very part-time now, there were some years when I put on around 100,000 mi/yr. And I rarely had more than one or two out-of-town deliveries per week.(Over the years I've had deliveries from the Chicago area going as far east as Moorestown, New Jersey, as far south as Cookeville, Tennessee, and as far north and west as Grand Forks, North Dakota [that one was in January, when the actual outside temperature—not the wind-chill factor—was minus 30°F!]) BTW, most of those long-distance runs were computer parts.

So yeah, I can definitely believe someone in the same business could drive an average of 200,000 mi/yr.

P.S. I still like to drive. Last week I drove to Connecticut for Christmas with my eldest daughter and her husband.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God