Huh?

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
MGMcAnick

Re: Huh?

Post by MGMcAnick »

Jarlaxle wrote:Not sure they still do, but Jeep offered a RHD Wrangler for many years.
Jeep dealers advertise new ones for sale. My rural carrier drives a fairly late model RHD Jeep Wrangler. The years have always been kind to the Wrangler series, so it's hard to tell how old it is. It's difficult to cut one in two to count the rings. I think hers came from Toledo that way, but I have also seen conversions with a bicycle chain and sprockets between the steering columns.

Since Subaru makes many of their vehicles in Japan, where they drive on the "wrong" side of the road, they were also popular with mail carriers. I understand that they are no longer importing them due to crash safety standards. Not worth the expense for the limited sales numbers.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Crash safety standards are a malleable thing depending on the planned yearly sales. I could see artificially capping the units sold but I can't see outright halting imports unless NHTSA outright forbade it.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:Not sure they still do, but Jeep offered a RHD Wrangler for many years.
Jeep dealers advertise new ones for sale. My rural carrier drives a fairly late model RHD Jeep Wrangler. The years have always been kind to the Wrangler series, so it's hard to tell how old it is. It's difficult to cut one in two to count the rings. I think hers came from Toledo that way, but I have also seen conversions with a bicycle chain and sprockets between the steering columns.

Since Subaru makes many of their vehicles in Japan, where they drive on the "wrong" side of the road, they were also popular with mail carriers. I understand that they are no longer importing them due to crash safety standards. Not worth the expense for the limited sales numbers.
They were offered for a while-I have seen a few...always RHD Legacy wagons.